overriding "sort by" settings eg. keeping starred messages at top - Mozilla

This is a discussion on overriding "sort by" settings eg. keeping starred messages at top - Mozilla ; Does anyone know if there's a way to override "sort by" settings or create exceptions? Basically, I like my messages sorted by date but if there is something I need to get back to later I'd like to be constantly ...

  1. overriding "sort by" settings eg. keeping starred messages at top

    Does anyone know if there's a way to override "sort by" settings or
    create exceptions? Basically, I like my messages sorted by date but if
    there is something I need to get back to later I'd like to be
    constantly aware of it. Tagging or starring is fine but I'd like
    messages with either of these marks to remain at the top of my message
    list.

    Is there such a feature or does anyone have a clever way to achieve
    this (or something similar)?

    Thanks!

    Paul

  2. Re: overriding "sort by" settings eg. keeping starred messages attop

    On 7/6/2007 04:19 PM India Time, _paulkaye_ wrote:

    > Does anyone know if there's a way to override "sort by" settings or
    > create exceptions? Basically, I like my messages sorted by date but if
    > there is something I need to get back to later I'd like to be
    > constantly aware of it. Tagging or starring is fine but I'd like
    > messages with either of these marks to remain at the top of my message
    > list.
    >
    > Is there such a feature or does anyone have a clever way to achieve
    > this (or something similar)?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Paul

    No direct method.

    And the problem is that TB doesn't allow sorting on multiple column.

    You can try putting priority or tag on the messages you want at top.
    Then, click on that chinese symbol at the top of the vertical scroll bar
    in the message list pane, and tick priority or tick tag so that one of
    these gets displayed in the message list pane.

    then, whenever you need to find your tagged messages at top, just click
    on that column heading to sort on that.

    --
    Vicks

  3. Re: overriding "sort by" settings eg. keeping starred messages at top

    Hi Vicks,

    Thanks for that. I'm already doing something like that with starring
    but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I'm going to have a browse
    through extensions to see if there's another way. If I find something,
    I'll post it here.

    Paul

    On Jul 6, 8:20 pm, Vicks Rocz wrote:
    > On 7/6/2007 04:19 PM India Time, _paulkaye_ wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know if there's a way to override "sort by" settings or
    > > create exceptions? Basically, I like my messages sorted by date but if
    > > there is something I need to get back to later I'd like to be
    > > constantly aware of it. Tagging or starring is fine but I'd like
    > > messages with either of these marks to remain at the top of my message
    > > list.

    > > Is there such a feature or does anyone have a clever way to achieve
    > > this (or something similar)?

    > > Thanks!

    > > Paul

    > No direct method.
    >
    > And the problem is that TB doesn't allow sorting on multiple column.
    >
    > You can try putting priority or tag on the messages you want at top.
    > Then, click on that chinese symbol at the top of the vertical scroll bar
    > in the message list pane, and tick priority or tick tag so that one of
    > these gets displayed in the message list pane.
    >
    > then, whenever you need to find your tagged messages at top, just click
    > on that column heading to sort on that.
    >
    > --
    > Vicks

+ Reply to Thread