Hotmail - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Hotmail - Mozilla ; Please help me with Hotmail! I succeeded setting up TB for Gmail and Yahoo, but can´t get Hotmail through TB 2.0.0.4! My TB settings for Hotmail are Server type: IMAP Port: 993 Server name: hotmail.com Username: user (my hotmail username) ...

  1. Hotmail

    Please help me with Hotmail! I succeeded setting up TB for Gmail and
    Yahoo, but can´t get Hotmail through TB 2.0.0.4!

    My TB settings for Hotmail are

    Server type: IMAP
    Port: 993
    Server name: hotmail.com
    Username: user (my hotmail username)
    Security connection: SSL
    Advanced> IMAP server directory: mail, use IDLE command if allowed by
    server,max. number of connections to caché: 5
    Outgoing server: Gmail-smtp.gmail.com
    I "saved the webmail extension link as" in firefox, then installed it to
    TB 2.0.0.4 clicking on Tools> Extensions or add-ons> install browsing
    the HD for the downoloaded file.
    Still it wouldn´t work so I reset the outgoing server switching from "
    Gmail-smtpgmail.com" to " default outgoing server" ( my DSL server). But
    still wouldn´t work!

    Can you help me?

    Agus

  2. Re: Hotmail

    Agustín Venzano wrote:
    > Please help me with Hotmail! I succeeded setting up TB for Gmail and
    > Yahoo, but can´t get Hotmail through TB 2.0.0.4!
    >
    > My TB settings for Hotmail are
    >
    > Server type: IMAP
    > Port: 993
    > Server name: hotmail.com
    > Username: user (my hotmail username)
    > Security connection: SSL
    > Advanced> IMAP server directory: mail, use IDLE command if allowed by
    > server,max. number of connections to caché: 5
    > Outgoing server: Gmail-smtp.gmail.com
    > I "saved the webmail extension link as" in firefox, then installed it to
    > TB 2.0.0.4 clicking on Tools> Extensions or add-ons> install browsing
    > the HD for the downoloaded file.
    > Still it wouldn´t work so I reset the outgoing server switching from "
    > Gmail-smtpgmail.com" to " default outgoing server" ( my DSL server). But
    > still wouldn´t work!
    >
    > Can you help me?
    >
    > Agus

    Hotmail is a web based application that only supports the HTTP
    protocol for accessing your mail. There is no IMAP support. TB
    does not have built-in HTTP support. However, there is a TB
    add-on that provides access to Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN, Live.com and
    various Mail.com e-mail.

    Go to the following link and follow the instructions for
    installing the add-on and setting it up.
    http://webmail.mozdev.org/

  3. Re: Hotmail

    Alan wrote:
    > Agustín Venzano wrote:
    >> Please help me with Hotmail! I succeeded setting up TB for Gmail and
    >> Yahoo, but can´t get Hotmail through TB 2.0.0.4!
    >>
    >> My TB settings for Hotmail are
    >>
    >> Server type: IMAP
    >> Port: 993
    >> Server name: hotmail.com
    >> Username: user (my hotmail username)
    >> Security connection: SSL
    >> Advanced> IMAP server directory: mail, use IDLE command if allowed by
    >> server,max. number of connections to caché: 5
    >> Outgoing server: Gmail-smtp.gmail.com
    >> I "saved the webmail extension link as" in firefox, then installed it to
    >> TB 2.0.0.4 clicking on Tools> Extensions or add-ons> install browsing
    >> the HD for the downoloaded file.
    >> Still it wouldn´t work so I reset the outgoing server switching from "
    >> Gmail-smtpgmail.com" to " default outgoing server" ( my DSL server). But
    >> still wouldn´t work!
    >>
    >> Can you help me?
    >>
    >> Agus
    >>

    > Hotmail is a web based application that only supports the HTTP
    > protocol for accessing your mail. There is no IMAP support. TB
    > does not have built-in HTTP support. However, there is a TB
    > add-on that provides access to Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN, Live.com and
    > various Mail.com e-mail.
    >
    > Go to the following link and follow the instructions for
    > installing the add-on and setting it up.
    > http://webmail.mozdev.org/

    actually, for my taste I would use freepops:
    http://www.freepops.org/en/. *IMO* its a lot easier to
    configure than webmail is.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  4. Re: Hotmail

    Agustín Venzano wrote:
    > Please help me with Hotmail! I succeeded setting up TB for Gmail and
    > Yahoo, but can´t get Hotmail through TB 2.0.0.4!
    >
    > My TB settings for Hotmail are
    >
    > Server type: IMAP
    > Port: 993
    > Server name: hotmail.com
    > Username: user (my hotmail username)
    > Security connection: SSL
    > Advanced> IMAP server directory: mail, use IDLE command if allowed by
    > server,max. number of connections to caché: 5
    > Outgoing server: Gmail-smtp.gmail.com
    > I "saved the webmail extension link as" in firefox, then installed it to
    > TB 2.0.0.4 clicking on Tools> Extensions or add-ons> install browsing
    > the HD for the downoloaded file.
    > Still it wouldn´t work so I reset the outgoing server switching from "
    > Gmail-smtpgmail.com" to " default outgoing server" ( my DSL server). But
    > still wouldn´t work!
    >
    > Can you help me?
    >
    > Agus

    These are the server settings I have for my Hotmail account in TB
    1.5.0.12 and I use my Verizon account for the SMTP server (outgoing) and
    it works fine for me.

    http://upstateforums.com/userfiles/t...ailtbsetup.jpg

  5. Re: Hotmail

    Tonya Marshall wrote:
    > Agustín Venzano wrote:
    >> Please help me with Hotmail! I succeeded setting up TB for Gmail and
    >> Yahoo, but can´t get Hotmail through TB 2.0.0.4!
    >>
    >> My TB settings for Hotmail are
    >>
    >> Server type: IMAP
    >> Port: 993
    >> Server name: hotmail.com
    >> Username: user (my hotmail username)
    >> Security connection: SSL
    >> Advanced> IMAP server directory: mail, use IDLE command if allowed by
    >> server,max. number of connections to caché: 5
    >> Outgoing server: Gmail-smtp.gmail.com
    >> I "saved the webmail extension link as" in firefox, then installed it to
    >> TB 2.0.0.4 clicking on Tools> Extensions or add-ons> install browsing
    >> the HD for the downoloaded file.
    >> Still it wouldn´t work so I reset the outgoing server switching from "
    >> Gmail-smtpgmail.com" to " default outgoing server" ( my DSL server). But
    >> still wouldn´t work!
    >>
    >> Can you help me?
    >>
    >> Agus
    >>

    > These are the server settings I have for my Hotmail account in TB
    > 1.5.0.12 and I use my Verizon account for the SMTP server (outgoing) and
    > it works fine for me.
    >
    > http://upstateforums.com/userfiles/t...ailtbsetup.jpg

    not quite. You're using pop access will the OP is using
    IMAP settings.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

+ Reply to Thread