mailto link - Mozilla

This is a discussion on mailto link - Mozilla ; I have recently found that in 2.0.0.4 if TB is not running and I use a system wide Mailto say from Acrobat, a TB compose window opens up with the chosen profile being a newsgroup which is not my default. ...

  1. mailto link

    I have recently found that in 2.0.0.4 if TB is not running and I use a
    system wide Mailto say from Acrobat, a TB compose window opens up with
    the chosen profile being a newsgroup which is not my default. Then if I
    change the "from personality field" my signature is munged. Also when I
    open TB normally after this event I find my default profile is un-selected.

  2. Re: mailto link

    George Schoelles wrote:
    > I have recently found that in 2.0.0.4 if TB is not running and I use
    > a system wide Mailto say from Acrobat, a TB compose window opens up
    > with the chosen profile being a newsgroup which is not my default.
    > Then if I change the "from personality field" my signature is munged.
    > Also when I open TB normally after this event I find my default
    > profile is un-selected.

    ( Not sure if i have understand your problem correctly )
    Open Thunderbird , goto Tools>Account Settings>Outgoing Server(SMTP):
    Select that SMTP server you want to set as default , click on 'Set
    Default' button.

  3. Re: mailto link

    Nir wrote:
    > George Schoelles wrote:
    > > I have recently found that in 2.0.0.4 if TB is not running and I use
    > > a system wide Mailto say from Acrobat, a TB compose window opens up
    > > with the chosen profile being a newsgroup which is not my default.
    > > Then if I change the "from personality field" my signature is munged.
    > > Also when I open TB normally after this event I find my default
    > > profile is un-selected.

    > ( Not sure if i have understand your problem correctly )
    > Open Thunderbird , goto Tools>Account Settings>Outgoing Server(SMTP):
    > Select that SMTP server you want to set as default , click on 'Set
    > Default' button.

    Actually I GoTo LocalFolders, Accounts, View Settings For this Account,
    Select Account, Select "Set as default"

    Problem Is that I have been loosing my default setting from one of four
    Email accounts. Instead of opening a new Message from my selected
    account, it will use the News Server account highest in order of the
    shuffle.

  4. Re: mailto link

    Quote Originally Posted by usenet View Post
    George Schoelles wrote:
    > I have recently found that in 2.0.0.4 if TB is not running and I use
    > a system wide Mailto say from Acrobat, a TB compose window opens up
    > with the chosen profile being a newsgroup which is not my default.
    > Then if I change the "from personality field" my signature is munged.
    > Also when I open TB normally after this event I find my default
    > profile is un-selected.

    ( Not sure if i have understand your problem correctly )
    Open Thunderbird , goto Tools>Account Settings>Outgoing Server(SMTP):
    Select that SMTP server you want to set as default , click on 'Set
    Default' button.

    Thanks you for the post.
    Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

+ Reply to Thread