Unable to use spell-check in TB 2.0 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Unable to use spell-check in TB 2.0 - Mozilla ; Just reinstalled TB 2.04 after a system failure. Used MozBack to get my old maiil back, and everything works, except the spell-checker. For some unknown reason I can't choose a single language under options, not even english (I'm swedish) which ...

  1. Unable to use spell-check in TB 2.0

    Just reinstalled TB 2.04 after a system failure.
    Used MozBack to get my old maiil back, and everything works, except the
    spell-checker.

    For some unknown reason I can't choose a single language under options,
    not even english (I'm swedish) which should be there.

    I am the owner of TB's folder, and I've gott full access to it's folder.

    Tried deleting TB, copying the spell-file manually to the extensions folder.

    Suggestions?

    My system: Windows XP-Pro (SP2) with f-secure as firewall/anti-virus.
    All the latest patches are inplace.

    /Stefan

  2. Re: Unable to use spell-check in TB 2.0

    Stefan Tillberg wrote:
    > Just reinstalled TB 2.04 after a system failure. Used MozBack to get
    > my old maiil back, and everything works, except the spell-checker.
    >
    > For some unknown reason I can't choose a single language under
    > options, not even english (I'm swedish) which should be there.

    DO you see the list of dictionary there ?

    > I am the owner of TB's folder, and I've gott full access to it's
    > folder.
    >
    > Tried deleting TB, copying the spell-file manually to the extensions
    > folder.
    >
    > Suggestions?
    >
    > My system: Windows XP-Pro (SP2) with f-secure as firewall/anti-virus.
    > All the latest patches are inplace.

    Can you select it at Compose window by clicking on 'abc' button on Toolbar?

    --
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Dictionaries_-_Thunderbird#Troubleshooting"
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Dictionaries_-_Thunderbird#Installing_manually"

  3. Re: Unable to use spell-check in TB 2.0

    Stefan,

    I allowed TB to upgrade to 2.0.0.4 and I ended up with the same
    problem; spellcheck appears broken and no dictionary available in
    options. Installed the British dictionary but no luck. But noticed I
    had two extensions that are not compatible with the latest version. I
    uninstalled them and the dictionaries are now available again and
    spellcheck working.

    Hope this helps,
    Patch

+ Reply to Thread