Thunderbird 2 proxy server settings won't work with Comcast - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird 2 proxy server settings won't work with Comcast - Mozilla ; I've set the proxy server settings on Thunderbird 2 to be the same as I use with FireFox, but I can't access Comcast's e-mail server. Is there something else I need to set in order to access Comcast e-mail through ...

  1. Thunderbird 2 proxy server settings won't work with Comcast

    I've set the proxy server settings on Thunderbird 2 to be the same as
    I use with FireFox, but I can't access Comcast's e-mail server. Is
    there something else I need to set in order to access Comcast e-mail
    through a proxy server with Thunderbird 2?

    Thanks.

    Dean

  2. Re: Thunderbird 2 proxy server settings won't work with Comcast

    Dean wrote in
    news:1180990600.595022.40530@j4g2000prf.googlegrou ps.com:

    > I've set the proxy server settings on Thunderbird 2 to be the
    > same as I use with FireFox, but I can't access Comcast's
    > e-mail server. Is there something else I need to set in order
    > to access Comcast e-mail through a proxy server with
    > Thunderbird 2?

    Why are you using a proxy server to access Comcast Mail? Why not
    simply access the mail servers directly? That's what I do. In
    fact, I don't use a proxy servers in my FF setup to access
    Comcast.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

  3. Re: Thunderbird 2 proxy server settings won't work with Comcast

    When I am at a particular client's office the only way out is through
    their proxy server.

    On Jun 4, 4:45 pm, Christopher Jahn wrote:
    > Dean wrote innews:1180990600.595022.40530@j4g2000prf.googlegr oups.com:
    >
    > > I've set the proxy server settings on Thunderbird 2 to be the
    > > same as I use with FireFox, but I can't access Comcast's
    > > e-mail server. Is there something else I need to set in order
    > > to access Comcast e-mail through a proxy server with
    > > Thunderbird 2?

    > Why are you using a proxy server to access Comcast Mail? Why not
    > simply access the mail servers directly? That's what I do. In
    > fact, I don't use a proxy servers in my FF setup to access
    > Comcast.
    >
    > --}:-) Christopher Jahn
    >
    > {:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html
    > http://camera-ephemera.blogspot.com/
    > I'm sorry, I become inaudible when I am shy.

  4. Re: Thunderbird 2 proxy server settings won't work with Comcast

    Dean wrote in
    news:1181001814.900021.83570@z28g2000prd.googlegro ups.com:

    > On Jun 4, 4:45 pm, Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >> Dean wrote
    >> innews:1180990600.595022.40530@j4g2000prf.googlegr oups.com:
    >>
    >> > I've set the proxy server settings on Thunderbird 2 to be
    >> > the same as I use with FireFox, but I can't access
    >> > Comcast's e-mail server. Is there something else I need to
    >> > set in order to access Comcast e-mail through a proxy
    >> > server with Thunderbird 2?

    >> Why are you using a proxy server to access Comcast Mail? Why
    >> not simply access the mail servers directly? That's what I
    >> do. In fact, I don't use a proxy servers in my FF setup to
    >> access Comcast.

    > When I am at a particular client's office the only way out is
    > through their proxy server.

    AH. That makes sense. I would guess it's something to do with
    the ports.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html
    http://camera-ephemera.blogspot.com/
    That's one small step for a man, and a thousand huge ones for a
    millipede.

+ Reply to Thread