Microsoft Office integration with Thunderbird - 'Send to function' - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Microsoft Office integration with Thunderbird - 'Send to function' - Mozilla ; When I load up Word from Office 2003 I cannot goto 'File>Send To>Mail Receipient' it is greyed out. It worked okay with Office XP but it seems Microsoft want Office to integrate with Outlook only. Is there a fix for ...

  1. Microsoft Office integration with Thunderbird - 'Send to function'

    When I load up Word from Office 2003 I cannot goto 'File>Send To>Mail
    Receipient' it is greyed out. It worked okay with Office XP but it seems
    Microsoft want Office to integrate with Outlook only.

    Is there a fix for this? So one can click this and it opens up a
    thunderbird email form. I'm using Thunderbird 2.0, 1.5 was the same.

  2. Re: Microsoft Office integration with Thunderbird - 'Send to function'

    Alex Shawcross wrote:
    > When I load up Word from Office 2003 I cannot goto 'File>Send To>Mail
    > Receipient' it is greyed out. It worked okay with Office XP but it seems
    > Microsoft want Office to integrate with Outlook only.
    >
    > Is there a fix for this? So one can click this and it opens up a
    > thunderbird email form. I'm using Thunderbird 2.0, 1.5 was the same.

    "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/835738"

  3. Re: Microsoft Office integration with Thunderbird - 'Send to function'

    Nir wrote:
    > Alex Shawcross wrote:
    >> When I load up Word from Office 2003 I cannot goto 'File>Send To>Mail
    >> Receipient' it is greyed out. It worked okay with Office XP but it
    >> seems Microsoft want Office to integrate with Outlook only.
    >>
    >> Is there a fix for this? So one can click this and it opens up a
    >> thunderbird email form. I'm using Thunderbird 2.0, 1.5 was the same.

    > "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/835738"

    Open office ???

  4. Re: Microsoft Office integration with Thunderbird - 'Send to function'

    On 6/2/2007 2:12 PM Sjouke Burry opined:

    >> "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/835738"

    > Open office ???

    not mentioned in article referenced, but probably same problem - m$
    states "any email client /other than/ "

  5. Re: Microsoft Office integration with Thunderbird - 'Send to function'

    goodwin wrote:
    > On 6/2/2007 2:12 PM Sjouke Burry opined:
    >>> "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/835738"

    >> Open office ???

    > not mentioned in article referenced, but probably same problem - m$
    > states "any email client /other than/ "

    I have M$Office2000 & OO2x along with TB & FF. TB & FF are set as the
    default client & browser. When I send a Word document as an email it
    defaults to TB with the .doc attachment. With OO I have the options of
    sending the document as a .odf, .doc or .pdf attachment. In all cases
    they are attached to a TB email. Clicking on a link in either Word or
    OO I end up in FF with the link being honored. Set them as your default
    email client & browser and all should go well. For FF
    tools/options/general & check to see if it your default browser if not
    then make it so. For TB I do not know the path to that and have a
    problem with my Options screens at this time. I reluctant to mess with
    it as all is going so well at this time. Perhaps someone else will have
    a more complete answer.

    BTW I just tested each of the above on my 2 main systems and they work
    as described.

    James

  6. Re: Microsoft Office integration with Thunderbird - 'Send to function'

    Alex Shawcross wrote:
    > When I load up Word from Office 2003 I cannot goto 'File>Send To>Mail
    > Receipient' it is greyed out. It worked okay with Office XP but it seems
    > Microsoft want Office to integrate with Outlook only.
    >
    > Is there a fix for this? So one can click this and it opens up a
    > thunderbird email form. I'm using Thunderbird 2.0, 1.5 was the same.

    I just sent myself a message and I did not have any problems

  7. Re: Microsoft Office integration with Thunderbird - 'Send to function'

    On 6/1/2007 3:24 AM On a whim, Alex Shawcross pounded out on the keyboard

    > When I load up Word from Office 2003 I cannot goto 'File>Send To>Mail
    > Receipient' it is greyed out. It worked okay with Office XP but it seems
    > Microsoft want Office to integrate with Outlook only.
    >
    > Is there a fix for this? So one can click this and it opens up a
    > thunderbird email form. I'm using Thunderbird 2.0, 1.5 was the same.

    Don't have any issues with it here. Have you tried these:

    Set Thunderbird as default mail client of your system
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_mail_client#Windows
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_news_reader

    --
    Terry R.