My recommendation is - Don't - 2.0.0.4 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on My recommendation is - Don't - 2.0.0.4 - Mozilla ; I updated my Firefox to 2.0.0.4 as per my notice from Mozilla. As a result, I've lost my Thunderbird email and find that I can't minimize my Firefox internet page - it exits. My recommendation is to not update to ...

  1. My recommendation is - Don't - 2.0.0.4

    I updated my Firefox to 2.0.0.4 as per my notice from Mozilla. As a
    result, I've lost my Thunderbird email and find that I can't minimize
    my Firefox internet page - it exits. My recommendation is to not
    update to this version until they get the bugs worked out.

    Jim

  2. Re: My recommendation is - Don't - 2.0.0.4

    abqhudson wrote:
    > I updated my Firefox to 2.0.0.4 as per my notice from Mozilla. As a
    > result, I've lost my Thunderbird email and find that I can't minimize
    > my Firefox internet page - it exits. My recommendation is to not
    > update to this version until they get the bugs worked out.
    >
    > Jim

    If you have problem with firefox update , ask that in firefox group
    "http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox" .

    Please note : Firefox update has no effect on Thunderbird profile as
    both are different program , using different profile.

    --
    Followup-To -> mozilla.support.firefox

  3. Re: My recommendation is - Don't - 2.0.0.4

    Thanks.

    Jim

  4. Re: My recommendation is - Don't - 2.0.0.4

    abqhudson wrote:
    > I updated my Firefox to 2.0.0.4 as per my notice from Mozilla. As a
    > result, I've lost my Thunderbird email and find that I can't minimize
    > my Firefox internet page - it exits. My recommendation is to not
    > update to this version until they get the bugs worked out.
    >
    > Jim

    The latest operational release of Thunderbird is 2.0.0.0. If you have a
    version 2.0.0.4, you might have a nightly, alpha, or beta.

    I have collected a large number of comments about nightly, alpha, and
    beta versions of Mozilla products. They all indicate the same thing:
    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

    They are intended for testing purposes, not for real-world use.

    --

    David E. Ross
    .

    bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation. 1997

  5. Re: My recommendation is - Don't - 2.0.0.4

    abqhudson wrote:
    > I updated my Firefox to 2.0.0.4 as per my notice from Mozilla. As a
    > result, I've lost my Thunderbird email and find that I can't minimize
    > my Firefox internet page - it exits. My recommendation is to not
    > update to this version until they get the bugs worked out.
    >
    > Jim

    Jim,
    I am using it on three computers with zero troubles, and certainly
    nothing like you describe. Suggest the 'bugs' are local settings, or
    extensions/add-ons, or perhaps conflicts with other things running on
    YOUR computer.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

+ Reply to Thread