Hi All,
I'm doing a small bit of hacking on the thunderbird source to add
some simple
functionality. I can't seem to find how to get the fully qualified
name of the local host. I did find the DNSService object that supports
the IDNSService interface; however I can only get the host part of the
domain, (ie. gfr-laptop), as opposed to the fully qualified gfr-
Does anyone know how to do this?

Secondly I would like the user name of the current user. I've not
been able
to find this either.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Dr. George F. Riley, Associate Professor
The School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Georgia Tech
Atlanta, GA 30332-0765
E-Mail: riley@ece.gatech.edu
Office: Klaus 3360 / GTL 005

ECE2040 Web Page: http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~riley/ece2040/