TB Newsgroups - Mozilla

This is a discussion on TB Newsgroups - Mozilla ; Hey guys, Just a couple of question's about thunderbird. I need to block a couple of morons in a newsgroup. Don't wanna see their bile anymore. With OE it was just a case of clicking 'block sender' How can I ...

  1. TB Newsgroups

    Hey guys, Just a couple of question's about thunderbird.

    I need to block a couple of morons in a newsgroup. Don't wanna see their
    bile anymore. With OE it was just a case of clicking 'block sender' How
    can I do the equivalent with TB

    and

    When I click on the newsgroups some threads are already expanded, I
    don't want them to do this, is there anyway of setting it up so that ALL
    threads are collapsed until I open them?

    Thanks

  2. Re: TB Newsgroups

    user@domain.invalid wrote:
    > Hey guys, Just a couple of question's about thunderbird.
    >
    > I need to block a couple of morons in a newsgroup. Don't wanna see their
    > bile anymore. With OE it was just a case of clicking 'block sender' How
    > can I do the equivalent with TB
    >
    > and
    >
    > When I click on the newsgroups some threads are already expanded, I
    > don't want them to do this, is there anyway of setting it up so that ALL
    > threads are collapsed until I open them?
    >
    > Thanks

    In the headers, click on the From field, and select Create filter from
    Message.

    As to question two, no.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    The Champs: http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org

  3. Re: TB Newsgroups

    user@domain.invalid wrote:
    > Hey guys, Just a couple of question's about thunderbird.

    > I need to block a couple of morons in a newsgroup. Don't wanna see their
    > bile anymore. With OE it was just a case of clicking 'block sender' How
    > can I do the equivalent with TB

    When your looking at the post, right click on the From address, 'Create
    Filter From Message' then decide what to do.

    > When I click on the newsgroups some threads are already expanded, I
    > don't want them to do this, is there anyway of setting it up so that ALL
    > threads are collapsed until I open them?

    View
    Threads
    Collapse all threads

    --
    Steve

    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to
    find easier ways to do something.
    - Robert Heinlein

  4. Re: TB Newsgroups

    user@domain.invalid wrote:
    > Hey guys, Just a couple of question's about thunderbird.
    >
    > I need to block a couple of morons in a newsgroup. Don't wanna see their
    > bile anymore. With OE it was just a case of clicking 'block sender' How
    > can I do the equivalent with TB
    >
    > and
    >
    > When I click on the newsgroups some threads are already expanded, I
    > don't want them to do this, is there anyway of setting it up so that ALL
    > threads are collapsed until I open them?
    >
    > Thanks

    Regarding your second question, see bug #139242 at
    . While being
    reported as fixed for Tbird 2.0, I still see it in version 2.0.0.0
    (20070326).

    --

    David E. Ross
    .

    bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation. 1997

+ Reply to Thread