multipart message viewing (was: Google toolbar overload) - Mozilla

This is a discussion on multipart message viewing (was: Google toolbar overload) - Mozilla ; [crossposted, followup set to m.s.thunderbird] In YKdnQgr75HMndTbnZ2dnUVZ_ujinZ2d@mozilla.org>, Ron Hunter wrote: > > Please do NOT post in HTML, post in plain text thank you > > More to the point, if you HAVE to use HTML, and colors, make sure ...

  1. multipart message viewing (was: Google toolbar overload)

    wrote:

    > > Please do NOT post in HTML, post in plain text thank you

    > More to the point, if you HAVE to use HTML, and colors, make sure
    > they allow enough contrast to make them readable.

    I agree with Dan. Just don't post html.

    At least this one had a text/plain part. The other one was only
    text/html, which meant I also saw the horrible colors, whereas I only
    saw the text part of the other one.

    I'm curious -- does Thunderbird have a setting to prefer text/plain
    over text/html when both are available in a multipart message?

  2. Re: multipart message viewing

    Q wrote:
    > [crossposted, followup set to m.s.thunderbird]
    >
    > In YKdnQgr75HMndTbnZ2dnUVZ_ujinZ2d@mozilla.org>, Ron Hunter
    > wrote:
    >
    >>> Please do NOT post in HTML, post in plain text thank you

    >> More to the point, if you HAVE to use HTML, and colors, make sure
    >> they allow enough contrast to make them readable.

    > I agree with Dan. Just don't post html.
    >
    > At least this one had a text/plain part. The other one was only
    > text/html, which meant I also saw the horrible colors, whereas I only
    > saw the text part of the other one.
    >
    > I'm curious -- does Thunderbird have a setting to prefer text/plain
    > over text/html when both are available in a multipart message?

    View-->Messages-->

  3. Re: multipart message viewing

    Q wrote:
    > [crossposted, followup set to m.s.thunderbird]
    >
    > In YKdnQgr75HMndTbnZ2dnUVZ_ujinZ2d@mozilla.org>, Ron Hunter
    > wrote:
    >
    >>> Please do NOT post in HTML, post in plain text thank you

    >> More to the point, if you HAVE to use HTML, and colors, make sure
    >> they allow enough contrast to make them readable.

    > I agree with Dan. Just don't post html.
    >
    > At least this one had a text/plain part. The other one was only
    > text/html, which meant I also saw the horrible colors, whereas I only
    > saw the text part of the other one.
    >
    > I'm curious -- does Thunderbird have a setting to prefer text/plain
    > over text/html when both are available in a multipart message?

    If you set it to display messages as plain text, that is all you will see.

  4. Re: multipart message viewing

    On 14/05/2007 9:22 PM, _Q_ spoke thusly:
    > I'm curious -- does Thunderbird have a setting to prefer text/plain
    > over text/html when both are available in a multipart message?

    View-->Message_Body_As-->*

    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator