Hotmail IMAP or POP plus thunderbird 2 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Hotmail IMAP or POP plus thunderbird 2 - Mozilla ; Yeah and here is the another one how to connect to a hotmail account ? actually how to configure hotmail to work with thunderbird I tried extension Webmail but didn't work at all ... s there some settings on Hotmail ...

  1. Hotmail IMAP or POP plus thunderbird 2

    Yeah and here is the another one
    how to connect to a hotmail account ? actually how to configure
    hotmail to work with thunderbird
    I tried extension Webmail but didn't work at all ...
    s there some settings on Hotmail account that should be fixed - like
    on yahoo with enabling pop access ?
    If there is where I can't find it ?

  2. Re: Hotmail IMAP or POP plus thunderbird 2

    MAXIMUS wrote:
    > Yeah and here is the another one
    > how to connect to a hotmail account ? actually how to configure
    > hotmail to work with thunderbird
    > I tried extension Webmail but didn't work at all ...
    > s there some settings on Hotmail account that should be fixed - like
    > on yahoo with enabling pop access ?
    > If there is where I can't find it ?

    Hotmail only works with OE and nothing else. If you want to download
    your hotmail into TB, then you need a proxy program such as webmail,
    FreePops, Mr Postman, web2pop, or others. If webmail isn't working,
    then it might mean hotmail has changed their access again. I can't
    access my accounts with freepops either.

    --
    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. And only
    click on the Reply button, not the Reply All one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Hotmail IMAP or POP plus thunderbird 2

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > MAXIMUS wrote:
    >> Yeah and here is the another one
    >> how to connect to a hotmail account ? actually how to configure
    >> hotmail to work with thunderbird
    >> I tried extension Webmail but didn't work at all ...
    >> s there some settings on Hotmail account that should be fixed - like
    >> on yahoo with enabling pop access ?
    >> If there is where I can't find it ?
    >>

    > Hotmail only works with OE and nothing else. If you want to download
    > your hotmail into TB, then you need a proxy program such as webmail,
    > FreePops, Mr Postman, web2pop, or others. If webmail isn't working,
    > then it might mean hotmail has changed their access again. I can't
    > access my accounts with freepops either.

    and is it work with Outlook 2003 I have It but dont using it
    I use a Evolution on linux and is much better
    And on Windows I use thunderbird

    Ok thx I'll try those other proxy prtograms and let you all know if they
    work now with hotmail

    --
    *MAXIMUS*

  4. Re: Hotmail IMAP or POP plus thunderbird 2

    MARKO wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> MAXIMUS wrote:
    >>> Yeah and here is the another one
    >>> how to connect to a hotmail account ? actually how to configure
    >>> hotmail to work with thunderbird
    >>> I tried extension Webmail but didn't work at all ...
    >>> s there some settings on Hotmail account that should be fixed - like
    >>> on yahoo with enabling pop access ?
    >>> If there is where I can't find it ?
    >>>

    >> Hotmail only works with OE and nothing else. If you want to download
    >> your hotmail into TB, then you need a proxy program such as webmail,
    >> FreePops, Mr Postman, web2pop, or others. If webmail isn't working,
    >> then it might mean hotmail has changed their access again. I can't
    >> access my accounts with freepops either.
    >>

    > and is it work with Outlook 2003 I have It but dont using it
    > I use a Evolution on linux and is much better
    > And on Windows I use thunderbird
    >
    > Ok thx I'll try those other proxy prtograms and let you all know if they
    > work now with hotmail

    See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Using_webm...r_email_client
    in addition to the instructions at http://webmail.mozdev.org/

    I've been accessing my hotmail account this way for a long time now
    without too many hitches.

    Ann W.

    --
    Remove the FISH from the net to reply

  5. Re: Hotmail IMAP or POP plus thunderbird 2

    MARKO wrote:
    Please post in plain text and get rid of the colours

+ Reply to Thread