Thunderbird 2 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird 2 - Mozilla ; That fixed it !! Many thanks indeed. I really was panicing. Anne Now when I try to reply to a message from the list the name of the person who sent the message comes up and I cannot reply to ...

  1. Thunderbird 2

    That fixed it !!

    Many thanks indeed. I really was panicing.

    Anne

    Now when I try to reply to a message from the list the name of the
    person who sent the message comes up and I cannot reply to them the
    message will not go. I have to go to Write and send to the lsit from there

    Anne

    Ken Whiton wrote:

    > I just tried something in my TB 1.5 and was able to reproduce
    > that problem.
    >
    > View --> Headers --> Normal should fix your problem. When I switched
    > it from "Normal" to "All" I got what you're describing. Switching
    > back to "Normal" restored the regular message view.
    >

    >> I can view my message by going to Message source or
    >> I can print out the message to read any advice !
    >>

    > Ken Whiton

  2. Re: Thunderbird 2

    Anne Hollingshead wrote:
    > That fixed it !!
    >
    > Many thanks indeed. I really was panicing.
    >
    > Anne
    >
    > Now when I try to reply to a message from the list the name of the
    > person who sent the message comes up and I cannot reply to them the
    > message will not go. I have to go to Write and send to the lsit from there
    >
    > Anne

    Click right, then "Reply to Newsgroup".
    or: Message => Reply to Newsgroup
    or: Hit Ctrl-R

    A Compose window should come up, addressed to the newsgroup. Write your reply.
    Then either click the toolbar icon with an envelope and a little green arrow
    under it ("Send this message now"), or use File => Send Now.

    A week or two ago, there was one nightly version of Tb2 which would "reply to
    sender" when one clicked "Reply to Newsgroup"; but I see you're using the
    official "release" version so it shouldn't have that bug.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    God has intended the great to be great and the little to be little ...
    The trade unions, under the European system, destroy liberty ... I do

+ Reply to Thread