Thunderbird 2 Problem - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird 2 Problem - Mozilla ; I am resending this message because I realize I was not subscribed to the list. I have just updated to Thunderbird 2 and now cannot access my mail because in the area where my message used to appear now I ...

  1. Thunderbird 2 Problem

    I am resending this message because I realize I was not subscribed to
    the list.

    I have just updated to Thunderbird 2 and now cannot access my mail
    because in the area where my message used to appear
    now I only have the extensive details of the source of the e-mail.

    There is no scroll bar for me to scroll past this to read the message
    so even if I get a reply to this message I will not be able to read it.

    Can anyone please help me ?

    Anne

    I can view my message by going to Message source or
    I can print out the message to read any advice !

    Is there an archive of messages I can access ?
    Could I have the url please ?

    Anne

  2. Re: Thunderbird 2 Problem

    On 4/24/2007 10:06 PM, Anne Hollingshead wrote:
    > I am resending this message because I realize I was not subscribed to
    > the list.
    >
    > I have just updated to Thunderbird 2 and now cannot access my mail
    > because in the area where my message used to appear
    > now I only have the extensive details of the source of the e-mail.
    >
    > There is no scroll bar for me to scroll past this to read the message
    > so even if I get a reply to this message I will not be able to read it.
    >
    > Can anyone please help me ?
    >
    > Anne
    >
    > I can view my message by going to Message source or
    > I can print out the message to read any advice !
    >
    > Is there an archive of messages I can access ?
    > Could I have the url please ?
    >
    > Anne

    View->Headers->Normal

    If you had a scroll bar before, they were probably provided by a theme or
    extension which is not compatible with the new version. I use the Skypilot
    theme which includes the header scrollbar and sailfish has a version compatible
    with 2.0. and

    The scroll bar can also be added through userChrome.css but the exact code may
    have changed in 2.0.

    --
    G. R. Woodring

  3. Re: Thunderbird 2 Problem

    Anne Hollingshead wrote:
    > I am resending this message because I realize I was not subscribed to
    > the list.
    >
    > I have just updated to Thunderbird 2 and now cannot access my mail
    > because in the area where my message used to appear
    > now I only have the extensive details of the source of the e-mail.
    >
    > There is no scroll bar for me to scroll past this to read the message
    > so even if I get a reply to this message I will not be able to read it.
    >
    > Can anyone please help me ?
    >
    > Anne
    >
    > I can view my message by going to Message source or
    > I can print out the message to read any advice !
    >
    > Is there an archive of messages I can access ?
    > Could I have the url please ?
    >
    > Anne

    To read the messages other than in "view source" mode you need a mail client
    such as Thunderbird.

    I don't exactly understand what symptoms you are experiencing so I'm listing
    several possible solutions. If none of them helps you, please describe your
    problem with different words, or in more detail.

    1) Try double-clicking the email subject in the message-list pane.

    2) Try right-clicking the message subject, then "Open Message in New Window"

    3) After selecting the message subject, hit the Enter key.

    4) Hit F8 to toggle the preview pane. (Note: some people view an open preview
    pane as a potential security risk.)

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    The University of California Bears announced the signing of Reggie
    Philbin to a letter of intent to attend Cal next Fall. Philbin is said

  4. Re: Thunderbird 2 Problem

    *-* On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:06:09 +1000,
    *-* In Article
    mailman.1389.1177466781.6011.support...ts.mozilla.org,
    *-* Anne Hollingshead wrote
    *-* About Thunderbird 2 Problem

    > I am resending this message because I realize I was not subscribed
    > to the list.

    Ooooppppssss!!!! :-)

    > I have just updated to Thunderbird 2 and now cannot access my mail
    > because in the area where my message used to appear now I only have
    > the extensive details of the source of the e-mail.

    > There is no scroll bar for me to scroll past this to read the
    > message so even if I get a reply to this message I will not be able
    > to read it.

    > Can anyone please help me ?

    I just tried something in my TB 1.5 and was able to reproduce
    that problem.

    View --> Headers --> Normal should fix your problem. When I switched
    it from "Normal" to "All" I got what you're describing. Switching
    back to "Normal" restored the regular message view.

    > I can view my message by going to Message source or
    > I can print out the message to read any advice !

    Ken Whiton

    FIDO: 1:132/152