empty trash on exit - Mozilla

This is a discussion on empty trash on exit - Mozilla ; Searching the forum messages, I saw in a 2003 thread that emptying the trash folder on exiting TB was not possible. Is this still the case in TB 2? Is there a way to do it? Thanks. -- Jeff@notaol.com...

  1. empty trash on exit

    --
    Jeff@notaol.com

  2. Ignore solved Re: empty trash on exit (was: empty trash on exit)

    On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:20:56 -0400, Jeff wrote:

    > Searching the forum messages, I saw in a 2003 thread that emptying the
    > trash folder on exiting TB was not possible. Is this still the case in TB
    > 2? Is there a way to do it?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Found the setting in "Account settings". Sorry.
    --
    Jeff@notaol.com

  3. Re: empty trash on exit

    On Or About Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:20:56 -0400, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, Jeff Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
    Following In The mozilla.support.thunderbird News Group:

    > Searching the forum messages, I saw in a 2003 thread that emptying the
    > trash folder on exiting TB was not possible. Is this still the case in TB
    > 2? Is there a way to do it?
    >
    > Thanks.

    NO, it can be done.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

  4. Re: Ignore solved Re: empty trash on exit

    On Or About Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:23:08 -0400, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, Jeff Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
    Following In The mozilla.support.thunderbird News Group:

    > On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:20:56 -0400, Jeff wrote:
    >
    >> Searching the forum messages, I saw in a 2003 thread that emptying the
    >> trash folder on exiting TB was not possible. Is this still the case in TB
    >> 2? Is there a way to do it?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > Found the setting in "Account settings". Sorry.

    cool
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    4/24/2007 9:12:25 AM CST

  5. Re: empty trash on exit

    On 24/04/2007 14:20, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jeff to
    generate the following:? :
    > Searching the forum messages, I saw in a 2003 thread that emptying the
    > trash folder on exiting TB was not possible. Is this still the case in TB
    > 2? Is there a way to do it?
    >
    > Thanks.

    actually, it always has been possible BUT.... it caused lots and lots
    of headaches, and the general mood in the groups was "Don't do it"

    reg

  6. Re: Ignore solved Re: empty trash on exit

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > On Or About Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:23:08 -0400, Without Any Hesitation
    > Or Thinking Twice, Jeff Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
    > Following In The mozilla.support.thunderbird News Group:
    >
    >> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:20:56 -0400, Jeff wrote:
    >>
    >>> Searching the forum messages, I saw in a 2003 thread that emptying the
    >>> trash folder on exiting TB was not possible. Is this still the case in TB
    >>> 2? Is there a way to do it?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

    >> Found the setting in "Account settings". Sorry.

    > cool

    Keep in mind that activating this settings can be the cause of hard to
    explain errors.

    Regards

    --
    John Doue

  7. Re: Ignore solved Re: empty trash on exit

    On Or About Tue, 24 Apr 2007 20:28:05 +0300, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, John Doue Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The mozilla.support.thunderbird News Group:

    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >> On Or About Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:23:08 -0400, Without Any Hesitation
    >> Or Thinking Twice, Jeff Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
    >> Following In The mozilla.support.thunderbird News Group:

    >>> Found the setting in "Account settings". Sorry.

    >> cool

    > Keep in mind that activating this settings can be the cause of hard to
    > explain errors.
    >
    > Regards

    I haven't noticed any as of yet. Only into it 3 days now. Time will
    tell.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    4/24/2007 4:42:32 PM CST

  8. Re: Ignore solved Re: empty trash on exit

    On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 16:43:31 -0500, Old Gringo wrote:

    > On Or About Tue, 24 Apr 2007 20:28:05 +0300, Without Any Hesitation
    > Or Thinking Twice, John Doue Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    > The Following In The mozilla.support.thunderbird News Group:
    >
    >> Old Gringo wrote:
    >>> On Or About Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:23:08 -0400, Without Any Hesitation
    >>> Or Thinking Twice, Jeff Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
    >>> Following In The mozilla.support.thunderbird News Group:

    >>> cool

    >> Keep in mind that activating this settings can be the cause of hard to
    >> explain errors.
    >>
    >> Regards

    > I haven't noticed any as of yet. Only into it 3 days now. Time will
    > tell.

    Glad to see I am not the only newbie here.
    --
    Jeff@notaol.com

  9. Re: Ignore solved Re: empty trash on exit

    On Or About Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:25:39 -0400, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, Jeff Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
    Following In The mozilla.support.thunderbird News Group:

    > On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 16:43:31 -0500, Old Gringo wrote:
    >
    >> On Or About Tue, 24 Apr 2007 20:28:05 +0300, Without Any Hesitation
    >> Or Thinking Twice, John Doue Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    >> The Following In The mozilla.support.thunderbird News Group:

    >>> Keep in mind that activating this settings can be the cause of hard to
    >>> explain errors.
    >>>
    >>> Regards

    >> I haven't noticed any as of yet. Only into it 3 days now. Time will
    >> tell.

    > Glad to see I am not the only newbie here.

    I have noticed there are a lot of problems of which I have not
    experienced. Beginners luck I guess.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    4/24/2007 8:10:36 PM CST

  10. Re: empty trash on exit

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 24/04/2007 14:20, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jeff to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> Searching the forum messages, I saw in a 2003 thread that emptying the
    >> trash folder on exiting TB was not possible. Is this still the case
    >> in TB
    >> 2? Is there a way to do it?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > actually, it always has been possible BUT.... it caused lots and lots
    > of headaches, and the general mood in the groups was "Don't do it"
    >
    > reg

    Funny, I have used that feature for a long time with no problems. One
    does have to remember to check the trash folder for possible false
    positives if any filtering is being done.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

+ Reply to Thread