Folder where e-mails are stored? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Folder where e-mails are stored? - Mozilla ; I just managed to get Thunderbird configured to pull in my Optonline and AOL e-mails (so long Outlook). I want to make the Windows Desktop Search index all the e-mails. What folder/tree should I be indexing? TIA -- Regards, Hank ...

  1. Folder where e-mails are stored?

    --

    Regards,
    Hank Arnold

  2. Re: Folder where e-mails are stored?

    Hank Arnold wrote:
    > I just managed to get Thunderbird configured to pull in my Optonline and
    > AOL e-mails (so long Outlook). I want to make the Windows Desktop Search
    > index all the e-mails. What folder/tree should I be indexing?
    >
    > TIA

    you can find your TB profile by reading this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thund...profile#locate

    and if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Folder where e-mails are stored?

    Hank Arnold wrote:
    > I just managed to get Thunderbird configured to pull in my Optonline
    > and AOL e-mails (so long Outlook). I want to make the Windows Desktop
    > Search index all the e-mails. What folder/tree should I be indexing?
    >
    > TIA

    all mails are stored within profile folder [ see
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Thunderbird"]
    if you will find that 'Windows Desktop Search' can't index mails of TB ,
    you may see this page
    ["http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Windows_Desktop_Search_ThunderbirdMozillaEudora_Ma il_Addin/1118080902/1"]

  4. Re: Folder where e-mails are stored?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Hank Arnold wrote:
    >> I just managed to get Thunderbird configured to pull in my Optonline
    >> and AOL e-mails (so long Outlook). I want to make the Windows Desktop
    >> Search index all the e-mails. What folder/tree should I be indexing?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>

    > you can find your TB profile by reading this:
    > http://www.mozilla.org/support/thund...profile#locate
    >
    > and if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

    Thanks.... Much appreciated

    --

    Regards,
    Hank Arnold

  5. Re: Folder where e-mails are stored?

    Nir wrote:
    > Hank Arnold wrote:
    >> I just managed to get Thunderbird configured to pull in my Optonline
    >> and AOL e-mails (so long Outlook). I want to make the Windows Desktop
    >> Search index all the e-mails. What folder/tree should I be indexing?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>

    > all mails are stored within profile folder [ see
    > "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Thunderbird"]
    > if you will find that 'Windows Desktop Search' can't index mails of TB ,
    > you may see this page
    > ["http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Windows_Desktop_Search_ThunderbirdMozillaEudora_Ma il_Addin/1118080902/1"]

    Thanks. Exactly what I needed...

    --