Bookmarks and e-mails from notebook to notebook - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Bookmarks and e-mails from notebook to notebook - Mozilla ; I am using Firefox and Thunderbird on my laptop running Windows XP Pro. I have a new laptop running Vista Home and have downloaded Firefox and Thunderbird. I would like to keep my Firefox bookmarks and Thunderbird e-mail files from ...

  1. Bookmarks and e-mails from notebook to notebook

    I am using Firefox and Thunderbird on my laptop running Windows XP Pro.
    I have a new laptop running Vista Home and have downloaded Firefox and
    Thunderbird.
    I would like to keep my Firefox bookmarks and Thunderbird e-mail files
    from my old laptop. How, in simple terms (I've already received
    mozillaZine - "Migrating settings to a new profile" and "Importing and
    exporting your mail")?

    Regards, Donald

  2. Re: Bookmarks and e-mails from notebook to notebook

    On 23/04/2007 6:41 PM, _Donald Olivier_ spoke thusly:
    > I am using Firefox and Thunderbird on my laptop running Windows XP Pro.
    > I have a new laptop running Vista Home and have downloaded Firefox and
    > Thunderbird.
    > I would like to keep my Firefox bookmarks and Thunderbird e-mail files
    > from my old laptop. How, in simple terms (I've already received
    > mozillaZine - "Migrating settings to a new profile" and "Importing and
    > exporting your mail")?

    The "Migrating settings..." page should cover it. There's also
    . Is there a certain
    question you have about those pages?
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: Bookmarks and e-mails from notebook to notebook

    On 4/23/2007 3:41 PM, Donald Olivier wrote:
    > I am using Firefox and Thunderbird on my laptop running Windows XP Pro.
    > I have a new laptop running Vista Home and have downloaded Firefox and
    > Thunderbird.
    > I would like to keep my Firefox bookmarks and Thunderbird e-mail files
    > from my old laptop. How, in simple terms (I've already received
    > mozillaZine - "Migrating settings to a new profile" and "Importing and
    > exporting your mail")?
    >
    > Regards, Donald

    The simplest way is delete the *content* of your new profiles[1] and
    then to move the *contents* of your old profiles into your new profiles.

    [1]For Profile Locations see:

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_fo...file_folder.3F

    --
    Irwin

  4. Re: Bookmarks and e-mails from notebook to notebook

    Donald Olivier wrote:
    > I am using Firefox and Thunderbird on my laptop running Windows XP Pro.
    > I have a new laptop running Vista Home and have downloaded Firefox and
    > Thunderbird.
    > I would like to keep my Firefox bookmarks and Thunderbird e-mail files
    > from my old laptop. How, in simple terms (I've already received
    > mozillaZine - "Migrating settings to a new profile" and "Importing and
    > exporting your mail")?
    >
    > Regards, Donald

    If those resourced didn't make it clear to you, I don't see what we
    could do to help.
    I am assuming that you can either connect the laptops through a router,
    or move the files mentioned in the articles via a 'jumpdrive'. If not,
    then you need more help that we could give here.
    In general:
    install the programs on your new notebook.
    Start them, and let them create a new profile. Don't worry about
    configuring it for your personal preferences.
    Then find the profiles for each, and copy the profiles from the old
    machine to the new one, writing over the newly created profiles.
    Enjoy.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  5. Re: Bookmarks and e-mails from notebook to notebook

    On 4/23/2007 10:58 PM, Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 4/23/2007 3:41 PM, Donald Olivier wrote:
    >> I am using Firefox and Thunderbird on my laptop running Windows XP
    >> Pro. I have a new laptop running Vista Home and have downloaded
    >> Firefox and Thunderbird.
    >> I would like to keep my Firefox bookmarks and Thunderbird e-mail files
    >> from my old laptop. How, in simple terms (I've already received
    >> mozillaZine - "Migrating settings to a new profile" and "Importing and
    >> exporting your mail")?
    >>
    >> Regards, Donald

    > The simplest way is delete the *content* of your new profiles[1] and
    > then to move the *contents* of your old profiles into your new profiles.
    >
    > [1]For Profile Locations see:
    >
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_fo...file_folder.3F

    Whoops! make that
    [1]For Profile Locations see: