Forwarding e-mail file format? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Forwarding e-mail file format? - Mozilla ; I've noticed that with Thunderbird 2.0, when I forward e-mails they're forwarded as .eml files. My corporate e-mail server chokes on these files for security reasons. Is there a way to change the format of e-mails that Thunderbird forwards? (I ...

  1. Forwarding e-mail file format?

    I've noticed that with Thunderbird 2.0, when I forward e-mails they're
    forwarded as .eml files. My corporate e-mail server chokes on these
    files for security reasons. Is there a way to change the format of
    e-mails that Thunderbird forwards? (I never noticed this problem before
    switching to Thunderbird 2.0, so I can only surmise that the .eml
    support is new.)

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Forwarding e-mail file format?

    On 23/04/2007 6:24 PM, _Greg Maletic_ spoke thusly:
    > I've noticed that with Thunderbird 2.0, when I forward e-mails they're
    > forwarded as .eml files. My corporate e-mail server chokes on these
    > files for security reasons. Is there a way to change the format of
    > e-mails that Thunderbird forwards? (I never noticed this problem before
    > switching to Thunderbird 2.0, so I can only surmise that the .eml
    > support is new.)

    Best I can think of is to Forward Inline. You can set that in
    Tools-->Options-->Composition-->General. Beside "Forward messages", set
    it to Inline.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator