lost old version of thunderbird with all files when uploading new version - Mozilla

This is a discussion on lost old version of thunderbird with all files when uploading new version - Mozilla ; Hello I would like to know if it is possible to retrieve my old version of thunderbird with my folders and address book, I installed a new version of Thunderbird as my old one was corrupted and lost the old ...

  1. lost old version of thunderbird with all files when uploading new version

    Hello

    I would like to know if it is possible to retrieve my old version of
    thunderbird with my folders and address book, I installed a new version of
    Thunderbird as my old one was corrupted and lost the old one.

    Any help on what to do would be appreciated.

    --
    Nirup
    Sedona, AZ 86336

  2. Re: lost old version of thunderbird with all files when uploadingnew version

    On 23/04/2007 5:20 PM, _Bill Barnum_ spoke thusly:
    > I would like to know if it is possible to retrieve my old version of
    > thunderbird with my folders and address book, I installed a new version of
    > Thunderbird as my old one was corrupted and lost the old one.

    Your terminology seems a little bad; but if I understand correctly, you
    lost your profile info (mail, address books, settings, etc.), when you
    upgraded to a newer version. Profile information is actually kept in a
    separate location from program files; so it is not dependent on which
    version you are using, and is designed to be retained when upgrading.

    To retrieve your data, try the instructions in the following article:

    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator