Open at Inbox - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Open at Inbox - Mozilla ; Is it possible for TB2 to open at the Inbox instead of the root of the Local Folders page? Win XP2. Roy...

  1. Open at Inbox

    Is it possible for TB2 to open at the Inbox instead of the root of the
    Local Folders page?

    Win XP2.

    Roy

  2. Re: Open at Inbox

    Roy Reed wrote:
    > Is it possible for TB2 to open at the Inbox instead of the root of the
    > Local Folders page?
    >
    > Win XP2.
    >
    > Roy

    Tools>Options>General.
    uncheck 'when Thunderbird launches, show ... area' option.
    restart TB

  3. Re: Open at Inbox

    Nir wrote:
    > Roy Reed wrote:
    >> Is it possible for TB2 to open at the Inbox instead of the root of the
    >> Local Folders page?
    >>
    >> Win XP2.
    >>
    >> Roy

    > Tools>Options>General.
    > uncheck 'when Thunderbird launches, show ... area' option.
    > restart TB

    Doesn't work for me. It still opens at the Local Folders page.

    Roy

  4. Re: Open at Inbox

    Roy Reed wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> Roy Reed wrote:
    >>> Is it possible for TB2 to open at the Inbox instead of the root
    >>> of the Local Folders page?
    >>>
    >>> Win XP2.
    >>>
    >>> Roy

    >> Tools>Options>General. uncheck 'when Thunderbird launches, show ...
    >> area' option. restart TB

    > Doesn't work for me. It still opens at the Local Folders page.
    >
    > Roy

    goto Tools>Account settings. select that account , click on 'Set as default'
    restart TB

  5. Re: Open at Inbox

    Nir wrote:
    > Roy Reed wrote:
    >> Nir wrote:

    >>> Tools>Options>General. uncheck 'when Thunderbird launches, show ...
    >>> area' option. restart TB

    >> Doesn't work for me. It still opens at the Local Folders page.
    >>
    >> Roy

    > goto Tools>Account settings. select that account , click on 'Set as
    > default'
    > restart TB

    One of the five accounts that uses the Inbox is already set as Default.

  6. Re: Open at Inbox

    Roy Reed wrote:

    > One of the five accounts that uses the Inbox is already set as
    > Default.

    use 'Folderpane Tools 0.0.5.1' extension
    ['https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/258' ] to set a
    default start-up account.

  7. Re: Open at Inbox

    Nir wrote

    > Roy Reed wrote:
    >> Is it possible for TB2 to open at the Inbox instead of the root of the
    >> Local Folders page?
    >>
    >> Win XP2.
    >>
    >> Roy

    > Tools>Options>General.
    > uncheck 'when Thunderbird launches, show ... area' option.
    > restart TB

    That option isn't there on mine.

    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.3)
    Gecko/20070326 Thunderbird/2.0.0.0 - Build ID: 2007032620

    Hmmm, in trying to paste that line in, I see the "missing paste option"
    bug is still there in v2.0 - it only gave me the "paste as quotation"
    option until I minimised the screen and re-maximised it.

    Regards,

    Bob

    --
    Remove "x" from address to reply by email.

  8. Re: Open at Inbox

    On Or About Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:24:14 +0100, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, Roy Reed Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The mozilla.support.thunderbird News Group:

    > Is it possible for TB2 to open at the Inbox instead of the root of the
    > Local Folders page?
    >
    > Win XP2.
    >
    > Roy

    I read some info from way back when where it said to go directly to
    the inbox, to set it to check the mail on startup. I made that
    option and sure enough it starts in the inbox and checks the mail at
    the same time. Good Luck.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

  9. Re: Open at Inbox

    Nir wrote:
    > Roy Reed wrote:
    >
    >> One of the five accounts that uses the Inbox is already set as
    >> Default.

    > use 'Folderpane Tools 0.0.5.1' extension
    > ['https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/258' ] to set a
    > default start-up account.

    Thank you - that's exactly what I wanted.

    Roy

  10. Re: Open at Inbox

    On 23/04/2007 12:24 PM, _Roy Reed_ spoke thusly:
    > Is it possible for TB2 to open at the Inbox instead of the root of the
    > Local Folders page?

    From
    :
    There are two things you can do:
    - set the account check for new messages at start up.
    [Tools-->Account_Settings]

    - the Folderpane Tools extension will allow you to set the start up
    folder .
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator