    inbox.msf-file.
    The inbox doesnt respond for one person. then I must delete the msf-file
    and it works for an hour or two. Is it possible to make this permanent
    working?
    thanks - and sorry for my bad english.

    bye
    olaf

  2. Re: problem when 2 people access on inbox.msf

    On 2007-04-23 06:03 (-0600 UTC), Olaf Zerrenthin wrote:

    > Hello newsgroup,
    >
    > I have a problem when two (or more) people have access on the
    > inbox.msf-file.
    > The inbox doesnt respond for one person. then I must delete the msf-file
    > and it works for an hour or two. Is it possible to make this permanent
    > working?
    > thanks - and sorry for my bad english.

    Tb uses mbox, which locks files against multiple simultaneous accesses. . . .

    --
    /b.

    String quartets don't march very well.
    --Donald Barthelme, /The Dead Father/

  3. Re: problem when 2 people access on inbox.msf

    Brian Heinrich wrote:

    > On 2007-04-23 06:03 (-0600 UTC), Olaf Zerrenthin wrote:
    >
    >> Hello newsgroup,
    >>
    >> I have a problem when two (or more) people have access on the
    >> inbox.msf-file.
    >> The inbox doesnt respond for one person. then I must delete the
    >> msf-file and it works for an hour or two. Is it possible to make this
    >> permanent working?
    >> thanks - and sorry for my bad english.

    > Tb uses mbox, which locks files against multiple simultaneous accesses.
    > . . .

    Brian is correct. The msf file is the summary file, which would get
    badly broken if two people are trying to access the same Inbox at the
    same time.

    What is the scenario you have where multiple users are accessing the
    same data at the same time?

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    The Champs: http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org

+ Reply to Thread