Message | Move | Recent doesn't update - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Message | Move | Recent doesn't update - Mozilla ; The menu item Message | Move brings up an interface to the hierarchical message filing system. At the beginning of this hierarchy is a link labeled "Recent". I would assume that this brings up either folders that I have recently ...

  1. Message | Move | Recent doesn't update

    The menu item Message | Move brings up an interface to the
    hierarchical message filing system. At the beginning of this
    hierarchy is a link labeled "Recent". I would assume that this brings
    up either folders that I have recently visited, or more usefully,
    folders where I have recently moved msgs. But it doesn't; the only
    folders that show up under "Recent" are two inboxes (I do have
    separate inboxes for different email accounts).

    Shouldn't "Recent" update itself to reflect what I have, ahem,
    recently done?

    (Same goes for the Message | Copy menu item, although one could argue
    about whether that should show folders I've recently moved OR copied
    to, or just folders I've recently copied to.)

    I searched for this at Mozilla, but once I omit the msgs that contain
    the phrase "recent changes", I only get two hits, neither of which
    appears to be relevant.

    TBird 2.0, Win XP

    Mike Maxwell

  2. Re: Message | Move | Recent doesn't update

    maxwell@ldc.upenn.edu wrote:
    > The menu item Message | Move brings up an interface to the
    > hierarchical message filing system. At the beginning of this
    > hierarchy is a link labeled "Recent". I would assume that this
    > brings up either folders that I have recently visited, or more
    > usefully, folders where I have recently moved msgs. But it doesn't;
    > the only folders that show up under "Recent" are two inboxes (I do
    > have separate inboxes for different email accounts).

    'Recent' includes/lists all those folder that you have
    frequently/recently visited.

    > Shouldn't "Recent" update itself to reflect what I have, ahem,
    > recently done?

    right click on that message , you will find an option 'Move to
    again'

  3. Re: Message | Move | Recent doesn't update

    On Apr 22, 3:23 pm, Nir wrote:
    > 'Recent' includes/lists all those folder that you have
    > frequently/recently visited.

    So only folders I have *visited*, in the sense of clicking on and
    opening--not folders that I have recently moved msgs to?

    If that's the case, then I understand why nothing is showing up in my
    'recent' folders, except my in-boxes. But it's certainly not the
    behavior that I would find most useful in the context of moving a msg
    from my in-box to a folder. I'd rather have a list of folders that
    I've recently moved or copied msgs to.

    >> Shouldn't "Recent" update itself to reflect what I have, ahem,
    >> recently done?

    > right click on that message , you will find an option 'Move to
    > again'

    Well, that at least has my desired behavior of remembering where I
    recently moved a msg to. Unfortunately for me, it only has a memory
    of one item.

    Maybe this is an opportunity for an Add-on...

    Mike Maxwell

  4. Re: Message | Move | Recent doesn't update

    On 23/04/2007 10:28 PM, _maxwell@ldc.upenn.edu_ spoke thusly:
    > On Apr 22, 3:23 pm, Nir wrote:
    >> 'Recent' includes/lists all those folder that you have
    >> frequently/recently visited.

    > So only folders I have *visited*, in the sense of clicking on and
    > opening--not folders that I have recently moved msgs to?

    That's correct. See
    .
    --
    Chris Ilias