cannot open a link in TB - Mozilla

This is a discussion on cannot open a link in TB - Mozilla ; I just installed the portable TB and till now nearly everything seems OK. But when I click on a link in a mail nothing happens. My default browser is SM and a click on a link from other programs (like ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: cannot open a link in TB

  1. cannot open a link in TB

    I just installed the portable TB and till now nearly everything seems OK.
    But when I click on a link in a mail nothing happens.
    My default browser is SM and a click on a link from other programs (like
    Word or SM mail) opens the SM browser.
    Somebody can tell me please what I should do?

    Doesn't TB have tags like SM ? I see labels only.
    Thanks
    Horst

  2. Re: cannot open a link in TB

    horst39 wrote:
    > I just installed the portable TB and till now nearly everything seems OK.
    > But when I click on a link in a mail nothing happens.
    > My default browser is SM and a click on a link from other programs (like
    > Word or SM mail) opens the SM browser.
    > Somebody can tell me please what I should do?

    Set SM as default browser _again_

    > Doesn't TB have tags like SM ? I see labels only.

    'Tag' has made available in Thunderbird version 2.0


  3. Re: cannot open a link in TB

    On 22.04.2007 19:48, Nir wrote:
    > horst39 wrote:
    >> I just installed the portable TB and till now nearly everything seems OK.
    >> But when I click on a link in a mail nothing happens.
    >> My default browser is SM and a click on a link from other programs
    >> (like Word or SM mail) opens the SM browser.
    >> Somebody can tell me please what I should do?

    > Set SM as default browser _again_

    I set FF as default browser: no change
    Set SM again as default browser: no change.
    Mouse arrow on a link becomes a hand, but clicking nothing happens.

    >
    >> Doesn't TB have tags like SM ? I see labels only.

    > 'Tag' has made available in Thunderbird version 2.0

    Thanks
    Horst


  4. Re: cannot open a link in TB

    horst39 wrote:
    > On 22.04.2007 19:48, Nir wrote:
    >> horst39 wrote:
    >>> I just installed the portable TB and till now nearly everything
    >>> seems OK. But when I click on a link in a mail nothing happens.
    >>> My default browser is SM and a click on a link from other
    >>> programs (like Word or SM mail) opens the SM browser. Somebody
    >>> can tell me please what I should do?

    >> Set SM as default browser _again_

    > I set FF as default browser: no change Set SM again as default
    > browser: no change. Mouse arrow on a link becomes a hand, but
    > clicking nothing happens.

    Use these methods to set SM as default browser:
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_browser#Setting_default_browser_manually"

    also do you have any program installed ( like ZoneAlerm ) that can
    monitor program activity?


  5. Re: cannot open a link in TB

    On 22.04.2007 21:31, Nir wrote:
    > horst39 wrote:
    >> On 22.04.2007 19:48, Nir wrote:
    >>> horst39 wrote:
    >>>> I just installed the portable TB and till now nearly everything
    >>>> seems OK. But when I click on a link in a mail nothing happens. My
    >>>> default browser is SM and a click on a link from other
    >>>> programs (like Word or SM mail) opens the SM browser. Somebody
    >>>> can tell me please what I should do?
    >>> Set SM as default browser _again_

    >> I set FF as default browser: no change Set SM again as default
    >> browser: no change. Mouse arrow on a link becomes a hand, but
    >> clicking nothing happens.

    > Use these methods to set SM as default browser:
    > "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_browser#Setting_default_browser_manually"


    Followed this method. but nothing changed.
    >
    >
    > also do you have any program installed ( like ZoneAlerm ) that can
    > monitor program activity?

    Disactivated AVG and Sygate but nothing changed

    Uninstalled it (well, sort of as it is a portable program, so I just
    deleted the program), reinstalled the new version 1.5.0.10, but nothing
    changed.

  6. Re: cannot open a link in TB: reason found

    On 22.04.2007 23:17, horst39 wrote:
    > On 22.04.2007 21:31, Nir wrote:
    >> horst39 wrote:
    >>> On 22.04.2007 19:48, Nir wrote:
    >>>> horst39 wrote:
    >>>>> I just installed the portable TB and till now nearly everything
    >>>>> seems OK. But when I click on a link in a mail nothing happens. My
    >>>>> default browser is SM and a click on a link from other
    >>>>> programs (like Word or SM mail) opens the SM browser. Somebody
    >>>>> can tell me please what I should do?
    >>>> Set SM as default browser _again_
    >>> I set FF as default browser: no change Set SM again as default
    >>> browser: no change. Mouse arrow on a link becomes a hand, but
    >>> clicking nothing happens.

    >> Use these methods to set SM as default browser:
    >> "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_browser#Setting_default_browser_manually"

    >
    >
    > Followed this method. but nothing changed.
    >>
    >>
    >> also do you have any program installed ( like ZoneAlerm ) that can
    >> monitor program activity?

    > Disactivated AVG and Sygate but nothing changed
    >
    > Uninstalled it (well, sort of as it is a portable program, so I just
    > deleted the program), reinstalled the new version 1.5.0.10, but nothing
    > changed.


    I installed TB on a HD: now the link worked!
    I reinstalled it on a fast USB stick (13MB/s writing speed) and it
    worked too!
    For your information: first I had installed it on a fairly slow stick
    (3MB/s)
    So be careful and use fast USB sticks!
    Unfortunately you cannot know how fast a stick is till you tested it
    (i.e. you bought it)!
    (or at least I didn't find any way to know it except that it should be
    expensive)
    Horst


  7. Re: cannot open a link in TB: reason found

    horst39 wrote:

    >
    > I installed TB on a HD: now the link worked!
    > I reinstalled it on a fast USB stick (13MB/s writing speed) and it
    > worked too!
    > For your information: first I had installed it on a fairly slow stick
    > (3MB/s)
    > So be careful and use fast USB sticks!
    > Unfortunately you cannot know how fast a stick is till you tested it
    > (i.e. you bought it)!
    > (or at least I didn't find any way to know it except that it should be
    > expensive)
    > Horst
    >


    You can easily determine the speed of media I use a jump drive trio, which allows me to
    insert a SD into it. I have upgraded it many times by purchasing a bigger/faster SD. In
    the world of flash memory, if the write speed is not specified, then consider it slow. I
    qualify this by saying that you need to go to a site that considers such things important
    (such as Tiger Direct). You might also see a write speed of USB 2.0, which I still
    consider slow. I would consider 7-9MBs to be faster drives. Check out the included link
    to see an example of a fast drive.
    As always read the specs carefully. Always purchase from a company that makes this kind
    of information apparent, and readily available. I watched a guy make an upgrade to his
    computer and be very happy until he called me and told me his HD was broke, because it had
    no plug. When I looked at the drive I told him it was a SATA drive not an IDE drive, and
    he would not be able to use it without purchasing a SATA controller. I told him he could
    probably sell it to somone at work who had a newer computer, and helped him purchase an
    IDE drive.

    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...099&CatId=2617

+ Reply to Thread