Disable alternating row colors in message list - TB 2.0 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Disable alternating row colors in message list - TB 2.0 - Mozilla ; How can I change the alternating row colors in the message list in Thunderbird 2.0? I am using Thunderbird via a remote desktop connection with a low color depth and this causes problems reading the line. Alex...

  1. Disable alternating row colors in message list - TB 2.0

    How can I change the alternating row colors in the message list in
    Thunderbird 2.0? I am using Thunderbird via a remote desktop connection
    with a low color depth and this causes problems reading the line.

    Alex

  2. Re: Disable alternating row colors in message list - TB 2.0

    On 22/04/2007 9:34 AM, _Alex Burger_ spoke thusly:
    > How can I change the alternating row colors in the message list in
    > Thunderbird 2.0? I am using Thunderbird via a remote desktop connection
    > with a low color depth and this causes problems reading the line.

    Add the attached script to your userChrome.css file. If you have not
    created a userChrome.css, you can find more info at
    .
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: Disable alternating row colors in message list - TB 2.0

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > On 22/04/2007 9:34 AM, _Alex Burger_ spoke thusly:
    >> How can I change the alternating row colors in the message list in
    >> Thunderbird 2.0?

    []

    > Add the attached script to your userChrome.css file. If you have not
    > created a userChrome.css, you can find more info at
    > .

    Hi,

    I tried the above fix but it seemed to have no effect for me. Did I do
    something wrong?

    I had no userChrome.css file, so followed the details in the link, and
    copied

    D:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\PROFILE_DIR\chrome\u serChrome-example.css

    D:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\PROFILE_DIR\chrome\u serChrome.css

    NB D: is my Windows 2000 boot drive, not C:.

    I appended the file attached to the previous post to the newly created file.

    Is it correct that the file should be under the Firefox folder, not the
    Thunderbird one?

    Could it be not working because my documents and settings folder is on
    Drive D and not drive C?

    The userChrome-example.css file uses linux style line endings, but the
    file in the previous example had DOS/Windows style line endings - I
    converted it to Linux Style lines - was that correct? If not, why does
    the userChrome-example.css ship with Linux style line endings?

    Has anyone got any ideas?

    TIA.
    Regards
    NoSheds

  4. Re: Disable alternating row colors in message list - TB 2.0

    NoSheds wrote:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> On 22/04/2007 9:34 AM, _Alex Burger_ spoke thusly:
    >>> How can I change the alternating row colors in the message list in
    >>> Thunderbird 2.0?

    > []
    >
    >> Add the attached script to your userChrome.css file. If you have not
    >> created a userChrome.css, you can find more info at
    >> .

    > Hi,
    >
    > I tried the above fix but it seemed to have no effect for me. Did I do
    > something wrong?

    close TB.
    goto TB profile folder [ see
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Thunderbird"]
    open ( create if not exist ) chrome folder
    open ( create if not exist ) userChrome.css file.
    put those codes , suggested by Chris , in that file .
    start TB

  5. Re: Disable alternating row colors in message list - TB 2.0

    On 23/04/2007 2:36 PM, _NoSheds_ spoke thusly:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> Add the attached script to your userChrome.css file. If you have not
    >> created a userChrome.css, you can find more info at
    >> .

    > I tried the above fix but it seemed to have no effect for me. Did I do
    > something wrong?
    >
    > I had no userChrome.css file, so followed the details in the link, and
    > copied
    >
    > D:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application
    > Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\PROFILE_DIR\chrome\u serChrome-example.css

    > D:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application
    > Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\PROFILE_DIR\chrome\u serChrome.css

    That's my mistake. I posted the link for Firefox, not Thunderbird. The
    correct link is:
    .