formatting html signatures and TB - Mozilla

This is a discussion on formatting html signatures and TB - Mozilla ; TB 1.5.0.10 Win XP HE Hi, I wanted to know if anyone can refer me to a tool that I could use to "easy" format an html signature (by "easy" I mean not code it but just select font type, ...

  1. formatting html signatures and TB

    TB 1.5.0.10
    Win XP HE

    Hi,

    I wanted to know if anyone can refer me to a tool that I could use to
    "easy" format an html signature (by "easy" I mean not code it but just
    select font type, color, italics, etc.) that would work just perfect in TB?

    At the moment, I have used MS Word and the html editor and saved as a
    Web Page (filtered) to strip the Office tags, etc., but it does not seem
    to render consistently or properly whether it be in TB or other email
    clients, used to read sent messages that contain that signature.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: formatting html signatures and TB

    stef wrote:
    > TB 1.5.0.10
    > Win XP HE
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I wanted to know if anyone can refer me to a tool that I could use to
    > "easy" format an html signature (by "easy" I mean not code it but just
    > select font type, color, italics, etc.) that would work just perfect
    > in TB?

    How frigging hard is it to write HTML? Answer: It's not really hard at
    all, cept, of course, to people too lazy to do a little research...
    > At the moment, I have used MS Word and the html editor and saved as a
    > Web Page (filtered) to strip the Office tags, etc., but it does not
    > seem to render consistently or properly whether it be in TB or other
    > email clients, used to read sent messages that contain that signature.

    MS Word as an HTML editor is horrible. See
    https://defaria.com/blogs/Status/arc...0634.html#more

    Meantime, TB is a perfectly good HTML editor. Why don't cha write your
    signature out then select it it and try Insert: HTML to see the HTML.
    Then use that...
    --
    Andrew DeFaria
    You can't have everything...Where would you put it?

  3. Re: formatting html signatures and TB

    stef wrote:
    > TB 1.5.0.10 Win XP HE
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I wanted to know if anyone can refer me to a tool that I could use to
    > "easy" format an html signature (by "easy" I mean not code it but
    > just select font type, color, italics, etc.) that would work just
    > perfect in TB?
    >
    > At the moment, I have used MS Word and the html editor and saved as a
    > Web Page (filtered) to strip the Office tags, etc., but it does not
    > seem to render consistently or properly whether it be in TB or other
    > email clients, used to read sent messages that contain that
    > signature.
    >
    > Thanks.

    you may try this method
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Signatures_-_Thunderbird#Tip_for_making_an_HTML-formatted_signature"

  4. Re: formatting html signatures and TB

    Nir wrote:
    > stef wrote:
    >> TB 1.5.0.10 Win XP HE
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I wanted to know if anyone can refer me to a tool that I could use to
    >> "easy" format an html signature (by "easy" I mean not code it but
    >> just select font type, color, italics, etc.) that would work just
    >> perfect in TB?
    >>
    >> At the moment, I have used MS Word and the html editor and saved as a
    >> Web Page (filtered) to strip the Office tags, etc., but it does not
    >> seem to render consistently or properly whether it be in TB or other
    >> email clients, used to read sent messages that contain that
    >> signature.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > you may try this method
    > "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Signatures_-_Thunderbird#Tip_for_making_an_HTML-formatted_signature"

    Hi Nir,
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I have tried that method and, I can't understand why, the sig font color
    gets stuck on grey--even tho I have not chosen that.
    Both when I send and when I use a different email client to receive and
    red the email.
    I'll try playing around with it some more.
    In the meantime, if any alternatives come to mind, let me know.
    Thanks.

  5. Re: formatting html signatures and TB

    stef wrote:
    I have tried that method and, I can't understand why, the sig font color gets stuck on grey--even tho I have not chosen that.
    Both when I send and when I use a different email client to receive and red the email.
    I'll try playing around with it some more.
    In the meantime, if any alternatives come to mind, let me know.
    Thanks.
    you must compose message in html format and view message in 'original html' mode.

    --
    Nir
    nir.sen@hotmail.com

  6. Re: formatting html signatures and TB

    Nir wrote:
    > stef wrote:
    >>
    >> I have tried that method and, I can't understand why, the sig font
    >> color gets stuck on grey--even tho I have not chosen that.
    >> Both when I send and when I use a different email client to receive
    >> and red the email.
    >> I'll try playing around with it some more.
    >> In the meantime, if any alternatives come to mind, let me know.
    >> Thanks.

    > you must compose message in html format and view message in 'original
    > html' mode.
    >
    > --
    > Nir
    > nir.sen@hotmail.com

    Nir,
    I downloaded NVU and that works perfectly and easily as an simple
    WYSIWYG html Editor.
    It's easy to create html signatures using it.
    Thanks for feedback.

+ Reply to Thread