Thunderbird 2 in Ubuntu Drapper Drake: Processing folders , HELP! - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird 2 in Ubuntu Drapper Drake: Processing folders , HELP! - Mozilla ; Hi. I've been trying to get Thunderbird 2 on Ubuntu Drapper drake for about one day now, and I haven't been doing so good... First, I tried the "installnewthunderbird.sh" script, because it worked for 1.5 After doing al the download, ...

  1. Thunderbird 2 in Ubuntu Drapper Drake: Processing folders , HELP!

    Hi. I've been trying to get Thunderbird 2 on Ubuntu Drapper drake for
    about one day now, and I haven't been doing so good...

    First, I tried the "installnewthunderbird.sh" script, because it
    worked for 1.5

    After doing al the download, When I started TB2, the bottom of the
    screen was messed up with an error message, and the scroll bars where
    gone.

    Well, I uninstalled that, and downloaded the TB2 from Mozilla's
    website.

    It worked, I had my scrollbar, and all looked good. It started
    downloading mail, and it got a little ways in, when...

    "This folder is being processed, please wait until Processing is
    complete to get messages."

    So I waited. A long time. Then I tried again.

    "This folder is being processed, please wait until Processing is
    complete to get messages."

    *Sigh*.

    I've looked at the TB help site, delted all .MSF files, made sure it
    wasn't compacting, and looked for email messages with bad headers.

    "This folder is being processed, please wait until Processing is
    complete to get messages."

    Help me... I've tried everything I can think of...

    I used TB2 on Windows, and it worked fine... Is drapper incompatible?

    I know it has only been out for about two days, but I really wanted to
    use it. Now I can't get mail. Please, if anybody has anyway to fix
    this, let me know!

  2. Re: Thunderbird 2 in Ubuntu Drapper Drake: Processing folders , HELP!

    Sarah wrote:
    > Hi. I've been trying to get Thunderbird 2 on Ubuntu Drapper drake
    > for about one day now, and I haven't been doing so good...
    >
    > First, I tried the "installnewthunderbird.sh" script, because it
    > worked for 1.5
    >
    > After doing al the download, When I started TB2, the bottom of the
    > screen was messed up with an error message, and the scroll bars where
    > gone.
    >
    > Well, I uninstalled that, and downloaded the TB2 from Mozilla's
    > website.
    >
    > It worked, I had my scrollbar, and all looked good. It started
    > downloading mail, and it got a little ways in, when...
    >
    > "This folder is being processed, please wait until Processing is
    > complete to get messages."
    >
    > So I waited. A long time. Then I tried again.
    >

    > "This folder is being processed, please wait until Processing is
    > complete to get messages."
    >
    > *Sigh*.
    >
    > I've looked at the TB help site, delted all .MSF files, made sure it
    > wasn't compacting, and looked for email messages with bad headers.
    >

    > "This folder is being processed, please wait until Processing is
    > complete to get messages."
    >
    > Help me... I've tried everything I can think of...
    >
    > I used TB2 on Windows, and it worked fine... Is drapper incompatible?

    may be
    "You don't have permissions to read/write to your inbox. This can happen
    when sharing mail between linux and windows and the partition containing
    your inbox has been mounted with permissions higher than the user
    running thunderbird"

    ["http://kb.mozillazine.org/Folder_being_processed"]

  3. Re: Thunderbird 2 in Ubuntu Drapper Drake: Processing folders , HELP!

    No, I don't have windows installed on mt hard drive, so I don't think
    that could be it...

    I *think* I may have found the problem. When I start TB, it trys to
    download from the first address I have. That address has A real big
    message, and it won't download. Since TB will try to download it over
    and over, I can't get mail.

    Could that be it? If so, how do I fix it? (Preferably being able to
    get that message...)

    Well, thank you very much for trying to help...

  4. Re: Thunderbird 2 in Ubuntu Drapper Drake: Processing folders , HELP!

    Sarah wrote:
    > No, I don't have windows installed on mt hard drive, so I don't think
    > that could be it...
    >
    > I *think* I may have found the problem. When I start TB, it trys to
    > download from the first address I have. That address has A real big
    > message, and it won't download. Since TB will try to download it
    > over and over, I can't get mail.
    >
    > Could that be it? If so, how do I fix it? (Preferably being able to
    > get that message...)
    >
    > Well, thank you very much for trying to help...

    you may try followings:
    1.uncheck 'check mail on startup ' option in account settings. also goto
    Edit>Preference>Advanced>Network & Disk Space. set connection timeout to
    a higher value.restart TB. right click
    on that Inbox > properties>Rebuild Index.
    now click on Get Mail icon on toolbar.

    (if still getting same problem)
    2.use you web browser to login to your mail account , move that mail to
    any other account or download it into your hard disk. after that delete
    that message from server.
    start TB.

+ Reply to Thread