TB 2.0 and SuSE 10.2: Turning talkback on again? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on TB 2.0 and SuSE 10.2: Turning talkback on again? - Mozilla ; Hello, On my linux system, TB 2.0 crashes very often (it crashed 2s after I started it the first time and now again after using it for an hour or so). Looking at Talkback, it seems a pretty common problem ...

  1. TB 2.0 and SuSE 10.2: Turning talkback on again?

    Hello,

    On my linux system, TB 2.0 crashes very often (it crashed 2s after I
    started it the first time and now again after using it for an hour or
    so). Looking at Talkback, it seems a pretty common problem (MTBF of
    5.87s). When it crashed the first time, I did turn off the talkback
    service. How do I enable it again? There is no option in the Add ons
    page and I also couldn't find anything in the preferences.

    Regards,

    http://www.pdark.de/

  2. Re: TB 2.0 and SuSE 10.2: Turning talkback on again?

    Aaron Digulla wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > On my linux system, TB 2.0 crashes very often (it crashed 2s after I
    > started it the first time and now again after using it for an hour or
    > so). Looking at Talkback, it seems a pretty common problem (MTBF of
    > 5.87s). When it crashed the first time, I did turn off the talkback
    > service. How do I enable it again? There is no option in the Add ons
    > page and I also couldn't find anything in the preferences.
    >
    > Regards,

    first , don't post multiple post on same topic.

    goto Tools>Add-ons>Extensions, select Talkback , an 'Enable' button will
    be shown up on it , click on it . restart TB.

    if getting same problem or you don't find any such Enable button , close TB.
    goto TB profile folder "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Thunderbird".

    delete these files:
    extensions.ini
    extensions.rdf
    extensions.cache

    start TB. now try to enable that extension.

  3. Re: TB 2.0 and SuSE 10.2: Turning talkback on again?

    Aaron Digulla wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > On my linux system, TB 2.0 crashes very often (it crashed 2s after I
    > started it the first time and now again after using it for an hour or
    > so). Looking at Talkback, it seems a pretty common problem (MTBF of
    > 5.87s). When it crashed the first time, I did turn off the talkback
    > service. How do I enable it again? There is no option in the Add ons
    > page and I also couldn't find anything in the preferences.

    Probably you need to run
    /your/path/to/thunderbird/extensions/talkback@mozilla.org/...
    /components/talkback/talkback

    Then go to the Settings menu and select "Turn talkback on"

+ Reply to Thread