Sending email from Firefox when Tb open - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Sending email from Firefox when Tb open - Mozilla ; Hi, How do I configure Thunderbird 1.5.0.10 (20070306) to enable me to compose & send email after clicking a mailto link in Firefox (with Thunderbird open), without asking to open a new profile and complaining that it is already open. ...

  1. Sending email from Firefox when Tb open

    Hi,

    How do I configure Thunderbird 1.5.0.10 (20070306) to enable me to
    compose & send email after clicking a mailto link in Firefox (with
    Thunderbird open), without asking to open a new profile and complaining
    that it is already open.

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Sending email from Firefox when Tb open

    On 20/04/2007 5:56 PM, _x1a4_ spoke thusly:
    > How do I configure Thunderbird 1.5.0.10 (20070306) to enable me to
    > compose & send email after clicking a mailto link in Firefox (with
    > Thunderbird open), without asking to open a new profile and complaining
    > that it is already open.

    I don't know where the setting is on Linux (if there is a setting for
    it), but you can add -P profilename to the command line.
    http://www.mozilla.org/docs/command-line-args.html
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: Sending email from Firefox when Tb open

    x1a4 wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > How do I configure Thunderbird 1.5.0.10 (20070306) to enable me to
    > compose & send email after clicking a mailto link in Firefox (with
    > Thunderbird open), without asking to open a new profile and complaining
    > that it is already open.
    >
    > Thank you.

    set TB default mail client in your system
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_mail_client#Linux_.28Gnome.29"

+ Reply to Thread