Strange Inbox phenomenon - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Strange Inbox phenomenon - Mozilla ; Since upgrading to TB2, the Inbox sometimes doesn't indicate the number of new messages, i.e. if there are new messages it turns bold but has no number associated with it. Is there a solution for this? -- Herbert Eppel www.HETranslation.co.uk...

  1. Strange Inbox phenomenon

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  2. Re: Strange Inbox phenomenon

    On 20/04/2007 3:19 PM, _Herb_ spoke thusly:
    > Since upgrading to TB2, the Inbox sometimes doesn't indicate the number
    > of new messages, i.e. if there are new messages it turns bold but has no
    > number associated with it.
    >
    > Is there a solution for this?

    I've never seen that before, but try this:
    Right-click on your Inbox, and select "Properties".
    In the Folder Properties box, click on "Rebuild Index".
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: Strange Inbox phenomenon

    On 20.04.2007 20:25 UK Time, Chris Ilias wrote:

    > I've never seen that before, but try this:
    > Right-click on your Inbox, and select "Properties".
    > In the Folder Properties box, click on "Rebuild Index".

    Thanks, I did.

    If if happens again I'll take a screenshot and post it.

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  4. Re: Strange Inbox phenomenon

    On 20.04.2007 20:25 UK Time, Chris Ilias wrote:
    > On 20/04/2007 3:19 PM, _Herb_ spoke thusly:
    >> Since upgrading to TB2, the Inbox sometimes doesn't indicate the
    >> number of new messages, i.e. if there are new messages it turns bold
    >> but has no number associated with it.
    >>
    >> Is there a solution for this?

    > I've never seen that before, but try this:
    > Right-click on your Inbox, and select "Properties".
    > In the Folder Properties box, click on "Rebuild Index".

    Interesting - after rebuilding the index 2 messages I had previously
    saved in a different folder re-appeared in the Inbox!

    I don't think I had ever seen this before, but hopefully the Inbox is
    back in sync now :-)

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  5. Re: Strange Inbox phenomenon

    On 20.04.2007 20:28 UK Time, Herb wrote:
    > On 20.04.2007 20:25 UK Time, Chris Ilias wrote:
    >
    >> I've never seen that before, but try this:
    >> Right-click on your Inbox, and select "Properties".
    >> In the Folder Properties box, click on "Rebuild Index".

    > Thanks, I did.
    >
    > If if happens again I'll take a screenshot and post it.

    It did happen again - here is the screenshot:

    Any ideas?

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  6. Re: Strange Inbox phenomenon

    On 22.04.2007 10:02 UK Time, Herb wrote:
    > On 20.04.2007 20:28 UK Time, Herb wrote:
    >> On 20.04.2007 20:25 UK Time, Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've never seen that before, but try this:
    >>> Right-click on your Inbox, and select "Properties".
    >>> In the Folder Properties box, click on "Rebuild Index".

    >> Thanks, I did.
    >>
    >> If if happens again I'll take a screenshot and post it.

    > It did happen again - here is the screenshot:

    I'm still seeing this phenomenon occasionally (more regularly again
    recently, actually), i.e. the Inbox sometimes doesn't indicate the
    number of new messages, i.e. if there are new messages it turns bold but
    has no number associated with it.

    Any more ideas?

    --
    Herbert Eppel