Reconfiguring keyboard shortcuts - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Reconfiguring keyboard shortcuts - Mozilla ; Hi All, I'm an Emacs user and started using Thunderbird last year or so. I'd like to reconfigure the keyboard shortcuts to use the keystrokes that I'm more familiar with when composing a new message or replying to a message ...

  1. Reconfiguring keyboard shortcuts

    Hi All,

    I'm an Emacs user and started using Thunderbird last year or so. I'd
    like to reconfigure the keyboard shortcuts to use the keystrokes that
    I'm more familiar with when composing a new message or replying to a
    message i.e

    Forward 1-char
    Backward 1-char
    Up 1-line
    Down 1-line

    I did take a look at the following link:

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyboard_s...s_(Thunderbird)

    and read up on the Keyboard Config extension but was not able to find
    a link to the extension. Has anyone remapped their keys in Thunderbird
    and if so could you explain how you were able to do this.

    Thanks in advance, and have a great day,
    /Kelvin

  2. Re: Reconfiguring keyboard shortcuts

    "http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=255&hl=keyconfig"

    --
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Updating_e...ools_extension

  3. Re: Reconfiguring keyboard shortcuts

    On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:44:54 +0530, Nir wrote:

    > kelvin.goveas@amd.com wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> I'm an Emacs user and started using Thunderbird last year or so. I'd
    >> like to reconfigure the keyboard shortcuts to use the keystrokes that
    >> I'm more familiar with when composing a new message or replying to a
    >> message i.e
    >>
    >> Forward 1-char
    >> Backward 1-char
    >> Up 1-line
    >> Down 1-line
    >>
    >> I did take a look at the following link:
    >>
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyboard_s...s_(Thunderbird)
    >>
    >> and read up on the Keyboard Config extension but was not able to find
    >> a link to the extension. Has anyone remapped their keys in Thunderbird
    >> and if so could you explain how you were able to do this.

    > "http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=255&hl=keyconfig"

    Make sure you also get the extension, Functions for Keyboard
    Config. It helped me decipher how to work with the main
    extension.

    p.
    --
    using T-Bird 2.0b2 for mail, dialog 1.38 for news, on WinXP Home.

  4. Re: Reconfiguring keyboard shortcuts

    On Apr 17, 9:27 am, Paul B wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:44:54 +0530, Nir wrote:
    > >kelvin.gov...@amd.com wrote:
    > >> Hi All,

    > >> I'm an Emacs user and started using Thunderbird last year or so. I'd
    > >> like to reconfigure the keyboard shortcuts to use the keystrokes that
    > >> I'm more familiar with when composing a new message or replying to a
    > >> message i.e

    > >> Forward 1-char
    > >> Backward 1-char
    > >> Up 1-line
    > >> Down 1-line

    > >> I did take a look at the following link:

    > >>http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyboard_s...s_(Thunderbird)

    > >> and read up on the Keyboard Config extension but was not able to find
    > >> a link to the extension. Has anyone remapped their keys in Thunderbird
    > >> and if so could you explain how you were able to do this.

    > > "http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=255&hl=keyconfig"

    > Make sure you also get the extension, Functions for Keyboard
    > Config. It helped me decipher how to work with the main
    > extension.
    >
    > p.
    > --
    > using T-Bird 2.0b2 for mail, dialog 1.38 for news, on WinXP Home.

    Thanks, Paul/Nir. TB informs me that the key config extension about is
    incompatible with my version. I think the extension is for 1.5.0.5
    while my version is 1.5.0.4. Any suggestions on what I should do?

    Thanks,
    /Kelvin

  5. Re: Reconfiguring keyboard shortcuts

    kelvin.goveas@amd.com wrote:

    > Thanks, Paul/Nir. TB informs me that the key config extension about
    > is incompatible with my version. I think the extension is for 1.5.0.5
    > while my version is 1.5.0.4. Any suggestions on what I should do?

    use Nightly Tester Tool extension to install it
    [ see this method :
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Updating_extensions#Using_the_Nightly_Tester_Tools _extension"]

  6. Re: Reconfiguring keyboard shortcuts

    On Apr 23, 10:02 am, Nir wrote:
    > kelvin.gov...@amd.com wrote:
    > > Thanks, Paul/Nir. TB informs me that the key config extension about
    > > is incompatible with my version. I think the extension is for 1.5.0.5
    > > while my version is 1.5.0.4. Any suggestions on what I should do?

    > use Nightly Tester Tool extension to install it
    > [ see this method :
    > "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Updating_extensions#Using_the_Nightly_Teste..."]

    Thanks, Nir. I was able to install the keyconfig extension ... though
    I am still not sure how to rebind the forward/back/up/down char keys.
    I don't see existing bindings for these keys in the KeyConfig menu. Is
    there a way to do this?

    Thanks,
    /Kelvin

+ Reply to Thread