Is there any way to set a time when sending messages later? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Is there any way to set a time when sending messages later? - Mozilla ; I've been heading up my IT dept in transitioning our college from Eudora to Thunderbird, and this feature has been requested by a number of people. In Eudora, you could set it up so that you could configure a message ...

  1. Is there any way to set a time when sending messages later?

    I've been heading up my IT dept in transitioning our college from Eudora
    to Thunderbird, and this feature has been requested by a number of people.

    In Eudora, you could set it up so that you could configure a message to
    send at a later time. So, if I wanted to send a message tomorrow at 2:00
    PM I could queue the message with that time, and it would go out then.

    Is there any way of getting Thunderbird to do this? I've tried searching
    for extensions/add-ons and this group and I haven't found much info.

    Thanks,
    Chris

  2. Re: Is there any way to set a time when sending messages later?

    forty wrote:
    > I've been heading up my IT dept in transitioning our college from
    > Eudora to Thunderbird, and this feature has been requested by a
    > number of people.
    >
    > In Eudora, you could set it up so that you could configure a message
    > to send at a later time. So, if I wanted to send a message tomorrow
    > at 2:00 PM I could queue the message with that time, and it would go
    > out then.
    >
    > Is there any way of getting Thunderbird to do this? I've tried
    > searching for extensions/add-ons and this group and I haven't found
    > much info.
    >
    > Thanks, Chris

    See
    "http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=mozilla-support-thunderbird&a=2007-04&m=3434299&list"

  3. Re: Is there any way to set a time when sending messages later?

    Nir wrote:
    > forty wrote:
    >> I've been heading up my IT dept in transitioning our college from
    >> Eudora to Thunderbird, and this feature has been requested by a
    >> number of people.
    >>
    >> In Eudora, you could set it up so that you could configure a message
    >> to send at a later time. So, if I wanted to send a message tomorrow
    >> at 2:00 PM I could queue the message with that time, and it would go
    >> out then.
    >>
    >> Is there any way of getting Thunderbird to do this? I've tried
    >> searching for extensions/add-ons and this group and I haven't found
    >> much info.
    >>
    >> Thanks, Chris

    > See
    > "http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=mozilla-support-thunderbird&a=2007-04&m=3434299&list"

    Thanks for that. I looked over the extension linked to there and it
    doesn't seem to have any mechanism for setting a specific time for
    individual messages. It looks like there isn't a way to make this work
    for them, which is fine. I can just add that note to our 'known issues'
    page.

  4. Re: Is there any way to set a time when sending messages later?

    forty wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> forty wrote:
    >>> ... In Eudora, you could set it up so that you could
    >>> configure a message to send at a later time. So, if I
    >>> wanted to send a message tomorrow at 2:00 PM I could queue
    >>> the message with that time, and it would go out then.
    >>>
    >>> Is there any way of getting Thunderbird to do this? ...

    >> See
    >> "http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=mozilla-support-thunderbird&a=2007-04&m=3434299&list"

    > Thanks for that. I looked over the extension linked to there
    > and it doesn't seem to have any mechanism for setting a
    > specific time for individual messages. It looks like there
    > isn't a way to make this work for them, which is fine. I can
    > just add that note to our 'known issues' page.

    For individual messages, you might want to try the SendTools
    extension:
    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=2284

  5. Re: Is there any way to set a time when sending messages later?

    Hi,

    After looking at other unsuitable solutions I wrote an extension "Send
    Later" / SL8TR to do this:

    www.unsignedbyte.com/sl8tr.html

    This extension will allow you to send email later. Quick Smart.
    All you have to do is compose an email and choose "Send
    Later" [Default thunderbird action is also available], this will pop a
    scheduling window to enter the date/time you want to send the email
    at.

    Hope you like it.

  6. Re: Is there any way to set a time when sending messages later?

    * talk2sk@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > After looking at other unsuitable solutions I wrote an extension "Send
    > Later" / SL8TR to do this:
    >
    > www.unsignedbyte.com/sl8tr.html
    >
    > This extension will allow you to send email later. Quick Smart.
    > All you have to do is compose an email and choose "Send
    > Later" [Default thunderbird action is also available], this will pop a
    > scheduling window to enter the date/time you want to send the email
    > at.
    >
    > Hope you like it.

    Tried it in TB1.5.0.10 with WinXP and it wouldn't operate. And this was
    using the updated version. Tried to send my comments on your web site,
    but that also failed. So uninstalled it and can only hope you have it
    operating nicely in the future.
    Miles

  7. Re: Is there any way to set a time when sending messages later?

    * talk2sk@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > After looking at other unsuitable solutions I wrote an extension "Send
    > Later" / SL8TR to do this:
    >
    > www.unsignedbyte.com/sl8tr.html
    >
    > This extension will allow you to send email later. Quick Smart.
    > All you have to do is compose an email and choose "Send
    > Later" [Default thunderbird action is also available], this will pop a
    > scheduling window to enter the date/time you want to send the email
    > at.
    >
    > Hope you like it.

    I believe he is getting close to completing the extension. According to
    my testing and the author's opinion, just a few more bugs before he'll
    release it. I'm looking forward to using it almost as much as you, Chris.

+ Reply to Thread