tags and dynamic folders in TB 2.0 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on tags and dynamic folders in TB 2.0 - Mozilla ; I read an article about TB 2.0 adopting GMail like tags in Maximum PC, so I decided to give it a whirl. So far, maybe it's just the way I'm setting things up I can't see that much where you ...

  1. tags and dynamic folders in TB 2.0

    I read an article about TB 2.0 adopting GMail like tags in Maximum PC,
    so I decided to give it a whirl. So far, maybe it's just the way I'm
    setting things up I can't see that much where you would designate these
    as "dynamic folders". Yeah, they're just saved searches, but they're
    still look static. I would picture dynamic where the folders either
    disappeared or reappeared depending upon whether any messages in the
    inbox fit that category. Or am I looking at things wrong?

  2. Re: tags and dynamic folders in TB 2.0

    John Meyer wrote:
    > I read an article about TB 2.0 adopting GMail like tags in Maximum
    > PC, so I decided to give it a whirl. So far, maybe it's just the way
    > I'm setting things up I can't see that much where you would designate
    > these as "dynamic folders". Yeah, they're just saved searches, but
    > they're still look static. I would picture dynamic where the folders
    > either disappeared or reappeared depending upon whether any messages
    > in the inbox fit that category. Or am I looking at things wrong?

    I guess it is about different view of folder pane 'All folders , unread
    folders , recent folders' .
    see this pic
    "http://bp2.blogger.com/_3-3xVN2ELS8/RerqpeRZRWI/AAAAAAAAAB4/MAb07BfhxJU/s1600-h/Dynamic_F.jpg"

    I think you will get same in your TB-2.0.0.*

  3. Re: tags and dynamic folders in TB 2.0

    Nir wrote:
    > I guess it is about different view of folder pane 'All folders , unread
    > folders , recent folders' .
    > see this pic
    > "http://bp2.blogger.com/_3-3xVN2ELS8/RerqpeRZRWI/AAAAAAAAAB4/MAb07BfhxJU/s1600-h/Dynamic_F.jpg"
    >
    > I think you will get same in your TB-2.0.0.*

    Now that makes sense!
    Although I'm confused, which is not an uncommon state for me to be in:
    is this just a feature contained in TB-2.0.0, or in earlier versions as
    well? The Maximum PC "Softy Awards" seem to link this to the former,
    and even link it to tags as well.

  4. Re: tags and dynamic folders in TB 2.0

    On 2007-03-04 08:44 (-0700 UTC), John Meyer wrote:

    > I read an article about TB 2.0 adopting GMail like tags in Maximum PC,
    > so I decided to give it a whirl. So far, maybe it's just the way I'm
    > setting things up I can't see that much where you would designate these
    > as "dynamic folders". Yeah, they're just saved searches, but they're
    > still look static. I would picture dynamic where the folders either
    > disappeared or reappeared depending upon whether any messages in the
    > inbox fit that category. Or am I looking at things wrong?

    Tagging is not dependent on virtual folders (note, 'virtual folders', not
    'dynamic folders').

    Virtual folders have been around for a while; tags (an extension of labels)
    are more recent.

    /b.

    --
    String quartets don't march very well.