Reply to posts using Thunderbird - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Reply to posts using Thunderbird - Mozilla ; Sorry,but I am a real dumbo!It took me a while to figure out that TB stands for Thuderbird! I know there has been a lot of posts on the above issue ie should the reply be over or below the ...

  1. Reply to posts using Thunderbird

    Sorry,but I am a real dumbo!It took me a while to figure out that TB
    stands for Thuderbird!
    I know there has been a lot of posts on the above issue ie should the
    reply be over or below the belt(!!)
    My personal opinion is -it is a matter of choice.
    In one of the posts I read that you can change it by going through the
    following process:Tools-Options-Composition-Addressing.
    Well I want to change my reply format which will enable me to have my
    reply over the previous message but have not been able to do so using
    the above advice as there is nothing that can be changed while going
    through the above process!
    Any advice would be appreciated!
    Please,!!! I do not want to start off on this topic again!Just want a
    plain n simple answer.

    regards

    S.Sanatani
    Mumbai

  2. Re: Reply to posts using Thunderbird

    Sunayan Sanatani wrote:
    > Sorry,but I am a real dumbo!It took me a while to figure out that TB
    > stands for Thuderbird!
    > I know there has been a lot of posts on the above issue ie should the
    > reply be over or below the belt(!!)
    > My personal opinion is -it is a matter of choice.
    > In one of the posts I read that you can change it by going through the
    > following process:Tools-Options-Composition-Addressing.
    > Well I want to change my reply format which will enable me to have my
    > reply over the previous message but have not been able to do so using
    > the above advice as there is nothing that can be changed while going
    > through the above process!
    > Any advice would be appreciated!
    > Please,!!! I do not want to start off on this topic again!Just want a
    > plain n simple answer.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > S.Sanatani
    > Mumbai

    Actually, the correct path to change your settings on top or bottom
    posting is tools>account settings>"your newsgroup">composition &
    addressing. There you can choose to have you answer above or below the
    quoted material.

    CreloX

  3. Re: Reply to posts using Thunderbird

    Sunayan Sanatani wrote:
    > Sorry,but I am a real dumbo!It took me a while to figure out that TB
    > stands for Thuderbird!
    > I know there has been a lot of posts on the above issue ie should the
    > reply be over or below the belt(!!)
    > My personal opinion is -it is a matter of choice.
    > In one of the posts I read that you can change it by going through the
    > following process:Tools-Options-Composition-Addressing.
    > Well I want to change my reply format which will enable me to have my
    > reply over the previous message but have not been able to do so using
    > the above advice as there is nothing that can be changed while going
    > through the above process!
    > Any advice would be appreciated!
    > Please,!!! I do not want to start off on this topic again!Just want a
    > plain n simple answer.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > S.Sanatani
    > Mumbai

    Crelox has already answered your question. You may like to know that you
    can have the setting different for individual newsgroups. So you can set
    your preferred method for other groups and the (group) preferred setting
    (i.e. bottom posting) for this one.

    Best of both worlds :-)

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

  4. Re: Reply to posts using Thunderbird

    Sunayan Sanatani wrote:
    > Sorry,but I am a real dumbo!It took me a while to figure out that TB
    > stands for Thuderbird!
    > I know there has been a lot of posts on the above issue ie should the
    > reply be over or below the belt(!!)
    > My personal opinion is -it is a matter of choice.
    > In one of the posts I read that you can change it by going through the
    > following process:Tools-Options-Composition-Addressing.
    > Well I want to change my reply format which will enable me to have my
    > reply over the previous message but have not been able to do so using
    > the above advice as there is nothing that can be changed while going
    > through the above process!
    > Any advice would be appreciated!
    > Please,!!! I do not want to start off on this topic again!Just want a
    > plain n simple answer.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > S.Sanatani
    > Mumbai

    Posting below the quoted matter is the convention here. If you post on
    top, you will receive strong suggestions to change you posting method.

    You can change your preference on a per server basis by going to the
    account settings, and changing the option for that account.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

+ Reply to Thread