Newsgroup ?'s - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Newsgroup ?'s - Mozilla ; TB 1.5 Is there a way to change default font in message pane when reading newsgroups, I really don't like Times font and want something cleaner like Arial? All I can find are size and color changes. Is there a ...

  1. Newsgroup ?'s

    TB 1.5

    Is there a way to change default font in message pane when reading
    newsgroups, I really don't like Times font and want something cleaner
    like Arial? All I can find are size and color changes.

    Is there a way to expand threads by default instead of having to hit *
    each time?

    TY!

  2. Re: Newsgroup ?'s

    On 2007-02-11 15:04 (-0700 UTC), SG wrote:

    > TB 1.5
    >
    > Is there a way to change default font in message pane when reading
    > newsgroups, I really don't like Times font and want something cleaner
    > like Arial? All I can find are size and color changes.

    Font settings are based on character encodings.

    Under Composition : General -- HTML leave Font and Size (as well as Text and
    Background Colors) at their default values

    Under Display : Formatting -- Fonts & Encodings, click on the Fonts button
    in order to set your preferred fonts for serif, sans-serif, and fixed-pitch
    fonts for various encodings; you can also set whether the default

    You'll probably want to set fonts for the following encodings: Western,
    Central European, and Other Languages.

    Many newsgroups (such as these) use plain text, which will normally display
    in a fixed-pitch font; if you prefer to view such messages in a
    variable-width font, you can set that under Display : Formatting -- Plain
    Text Messages.

    > Is there a way to expand threads by default instead of having to hit *
    > each time?

    Try View | Sort by | Threaded.

    > TY!

    YW.

    /b.

    --
    People are stupid. /A/ person may be smart, but /people/ are stupid.
    --Stephen M. Graham

+ Reply to Thread