This is a discussion on Does Thunderbird Support Real Time Blacklists? - Mozilla ; Does Thunderbird Support Real Time Blacklists (RBLs)? I assume it does not, because I looked on their website and all I could find was this page which says it's a work-in-progress: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thun...mail/rbls.html -TC...

  1. Does Thunderbird Support Real Time Blacklists?

    Does Thunderbird Support Real Time Blacklists (RBLs)? I assume it does
    not, because I looked on their website and all I could find was this
    page which says it's a work-in-progress:

    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thun...mail/rbls.html

    -TC

  2. Re: Does Thunderbird Support Real Time Blacklists?

    On 2007-01-24 17:28 (-0700 UTC), TC wrote:

    > Does Thunderbird Support Real Time Blacklists (RBLs)? I assume it does
    > not, because I looked on their website and all I could find was this
    > page which says it's a work-in-progress:
    >
    > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thun...mail/rbls.html

    Well, seeing as the page was last up-dated a couple years ago. . . . ;-)

    You might, however, want to search Bugzilla to get a better sense of how far
    along in progress such a feature might be. . . .

    /b.

    --
    People are stupid. /A/ person may be smart, but /people/ are stupid.
    --Stephen M. Graham

  3. Re: Does Thunderbird Support Real Time Blacklists?

    TC wrote:
    > Does Thunderbird Support Real Time Blacklists (RBLs)? I assume it does
    > not, because I looked on their website and all I could find was this
    > page which says it's a work-in-progress:
    >
    > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thun...mail/rbls.html
    >

    > -TC

    IIUC, out of the box it doesn't; but it has good support for SpamAssassin (for
    Unix) and SpamPal (for Windows), and (IIUC) they can query real-time
    blocklists (DNSBLs) while your mail is in transit between the Internet and
    Thunderbird.

    OTOH, Thunderbird comes with built-in Bayesian filters (i.e. content filters
    which you "teach") and in my experience they are quite good.

    Best regards,
    Tony.

+ Reply to Thread