Where does thurderbird put saved e-mail and address files - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Where does thurderbird put saved e-mail and address files - Mozilla ; My laptop hard drive went partially corrupt. I am able to access most of the files by using it as an external hardrive with my desktop. I am looking for my saved e-mail files and address book so I can ...

  1. Where does thurderbird put saved e-mail and address files

    My laptop hard drive went partially corrupt. I am able to access most of the
    files by using it as an external hardrive with my desktop. I am looking for
    my saved e-mail files and address book so I can save them before
    reformatting. I was running XP pro, and thunderbird version 1.5.0.9.

    Thanks!

    Lisa

  2. Re: Where does thurderbird put saved e-mail and address files

    Replied to [Lisa]s message :
    > My laptop hard drive went partially corrupt. I am able to access most of the
    > files by using it as an external hardrive with my desktop. I am looking for
    > my saved e-mail files and address book so I can save them before
    > reformatting. I was running XP pro, and thunderbird version 1.5.0.9.

    Documents and settings\/username/\Application Data\Thunderbird\/profilename/\

    --
    Ayush

  3. Re: Where does thurderbird put saved e-mail and address files

    Lisa wrote:
    > My laptop hard drive went partially corrupt. I am able to access most
    > of the files by using it as an external hardrive with my desktop. I
    > am looking for my saved e-mail files and address book so I can save
    > them before reformatting. I was running XP pro, and thunderbird
    > version 1.5.0.9.
    >

    > Thanks!
    >
    > Lisa

    all private data of user like mails , address book password are stored
    within your Thunderbird profile folder:
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Thunderbird"

    To know how to backup profile folder :
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_backup"

  4. Re: Where does thurderbird put saved e-mail and address files

    On 25/01/2007 00:51, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Lisa to
    generate the following:? :
    > My laptop hard drive went partially corrupt. I am able to access most of the
    > files by using it as an external hardrive with my desktop. I am looking for
    > my saved e-mail files and address book so I can save them before
    > reformatting. I was running XP pro, and thunderbird version 1.5.0.9.
    >

    > Thanks!
    >
    > Lisa

    and while you are looking at your Profile, Lisa, look for the file
    called Abook.MAB - copy that for the addresses!
    You will find all your eMails stored in the directory called (strangely
    :-P ) Mail - copy over the complete folder!

    reg

+ Reply to Thread