Address list - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Address list - Mozilla ; When Thunderbird was first installed my email addresses (list of them) appeared on the left hand side of the compostion window. Somehow I lost it being placed on the left hand side - is there any way to restore it ...

  1. Address list

    When Thunderbird was first installed my email addresses (list of them)
    appeared on the left hand side of the compostion window. Somehow I lost it
    being placed on the left hand side - is there any way to restore it so that
    all the email addresses are on the left and side and thus one just has to
    click on it to go to the TO:

    Thanks,
    Rick

  2. Re: Address list

    On 24/01/2007 22:13, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Richard Chase
    to generate the following:? :
    > When Thunderbird was first installed my email addresses (list of them)
    > appeared on the left hand side of the compostion window. Somehow I lost it
    > being placed on the left hand side - is there any way to restore it so that
    > all the email addresses are on the left and side and thus one just has to
    > click on it to go to the TO:
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rick

    I'm sure there is a keyboard toggle to do this, but I don't kno it....

    to solve your problem... the sidebar has not "gone away" but is just hidden.
    To get it back, move your cursor to the left border, untill it changes
    to a double arrow <--->
    Left click and Hold
    DRAG the frame border to the right, untill the sidebar is the correct
    size you need!

    reg

  3. Re: Address list

    Tbird Leader squaredancer radioed the tower, On 1/24/2007 4:23 PM:
    > On 24/01/2007 22:13, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Richard
    > Chase to generate the following:? :
    >> When Thunderbird was first installed my email addresses (list of
    >> them) appeared on the left hand side of the compostion window.
    >> Somehow I lost it being placed on the left hand side - is there any
    >> way to restore it so that all the email addresses are on the left and
    >> side and thus one just has to click on it to go to the TO:
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Rick
    >>

    > I'm sure there is a keyboard toggle to do this, but I don't kno it....
    >
    > to solve your problem... the sidebar has not "gone away" but is just
    > hidden.
    > To get it back, move your cursor to the left border, untill it changes
    > to a double arrow <--->
    > Left click and Hold
    > DRAG the frame border to the right, untill the sidebar is the correct
    > size you need!
    >
    > reg

    When I click the Contacts icon in the Compose Window toolbar it opens as
    a sidebar for me complete with an X in top right corner to close it.
    This is with the Sky Pilot Classic theme, so may vary by theme installed.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting

  4. Re: Address list

    On 24/01/2007 22:52, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ron K. to
    generate the following:? :
    > Tbird Leader squaredancer radioed the tower, On 1/24/2007 4:23 PM:
    >
    >> On 24/01/2007 22:13, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Richard
    >> Chase to generate the following:? :
    >>
    >>> When Thunderbird was first installed my email addresses (list of
    >>> them) appeared on the left hand side of the compostion window.
    >>> Somehow I lost it being placed on the left hand side - is there any
    >>> way to restore it so that all the email addresses are on the left and
    >>> side and thus one just has to click on it to go to the TO:
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Rick
    >>>

    >> I'm sure there is a keyboard toggle to do this, but I don't kno it....
    >>
    >> to solve your problem... the sidebar has not "gone away" but is just
    >> hidden.
    >> To get it back, move your cursor to the left border, untill it changes
    >> to a double arrow <--->
    >> Left click and Hold
    >> DRAG the frame border to the right, untill the sidebar is the correct
    >> size you need!
    >>
    >> reg
    >>

    > When I click the Contacts icon in the Compose Window toolbar it opens as
    > a sidebar for me complete with an X in top right corner to close it.
    > This is with the Sky Pilot Classic theme, so may vary by theme installed.

    Thanks, Ron.... I missed the "limitation" to the compose frame... The
    Contacts button is certainly a toggle there!

    reg

  5. Re: Address list

    /snip/
    >>> On 24/01/2007 22:13, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Richard
    >>> Chase to generate the following:? :

    >>> I'm sure there is a keyboard toggle to do this, but I don't kno it....

    /snip/
    F4 toggles the Contact Sidebar. This is an extension prior to TB 2.0,
    and became a function thereafter. It now has a button in the customize
    function.