'Saved search' not working - Mozilla

This is a discussion on 'Saved search' not working - Mozilla ; Hi Thunderbird 1.5.0.7, Linux. I've set some saved search folders up with custom headers ('Envelope-To'), but they're not returning any results even though I know for sure there are applicable messages. They work fine using the standard headers (such as ...

  1. 'Saved search' not working

    Hi

    Thunderbird 1.5.0.7, Linux.

    I've set some saved search folders up with custom headers
    ('Envelope-To'), but they're not returning any results even though I
    know for sure there are applicable messages. They work fine using the
    standard headers (such as 'to', 'subject' etc)

    I also know that this custom header works fine with the 'rules' option,
    so it's not a case of misspelling etc.

    Any idea why this isn't working?

    Thanks

  2. Re: 'Saved search' not working

    Are the folders in which these messages exist indeed included in your
    search criteria?

    --
    Egidio
    Mac dual 2 GHz G5, 1.5 GB RAM, OS X (10.4.8), TB 1.5.0.9

    I've set some saved search folders up with custom headers
    ('Envelope-To'), but they're not returning any results even though I
    know for sure there are applicable messages. They work fine using the
    standard headers (such as 'to', 'subject' etc)

    I also know that this custom header works fine with the 'rules' option,
    so it's not a case of misspelling etc.

    Any idea why this isn't working?

    Thanks

  3. Re: 'Saved search' not working

    Egídio Leitão wrote:
    > Are the folders in which these messages exist indeed included in your
    > search criteria?

    Hi

    Yes, the folders are included. If I edit the filter so that it's using
    one of the 'standard' headers (such as 'to', 'from' etc) then the folder
    shows the correct results.

    And I can't understand why the same criteria works fine when using it as
    a 'rule'... What's even more odd is that if i use the 'Edit' > 'Find' >
    'search messages' option, and then apply the same criteria it finds the
    correct messages. However, when I then use the option to 'save this
    search as a folder', and then click on this saved folder, the folder
    shows no results.

    Bizarre...!

    Regards

+ Reply to Thread