Thunderbird memory leak - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird memory leak - Mozilla ; Hi, I am using Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 (20061207) on a Windows XP and it seems that a memory leak was introduced in one of the latest updates (I have been using Thunderbird for some time and it did not created any ...

  1. Thunderbird memory leak

    Hi,

    I am using Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 (20061207) on a Windows XP and it seems
    that a memory leak was introduced in one of the latest updates (I have
    been using Thunderbird for some time and it did not created any problems
    until recently).

    On my profile I am accessing several email address both POP3 and IMAP.
    It seems that only for one of the email addresses when it downloads
    emails from server the memory usage of the application increases a lot
    with every downloaded message (for downloading around 100 small messages
    it uses several hundreds megabytes of RAM). This issue happens just for
    one email address (same address every time).

    I hope this is the correct address to report such a problem and please
    help me find the cause for it. Please tell me you need additional
    information.

    Thanks,
    Alin.

  2. Re: Thunderbird memory leak

    Alin Iorga wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 (20061207) on a Windows XP and it
    > seems that a memory leak was introduced in one of the latest updates
    > (I have been using Thunderbird for some time and it did not created
    > any problems until recently).
    >
    > On my profile I am accessing several email address both POP3 and
    > IMAP. It seems that only for one of the email addresses when it
    > downloads emails from server the memory usage of the application
    > increases a lot with every downloaded message (for downloading around
    > 100 small messages it uses several hundreds megabytes of RAM). This
    > issue happens just for one email address (same address every time).
    >
    > I hope this is the correct address to report such a problem and
    > please help me find the cause for it. Please tell me you need
    > additional information.
    >
    > Thanks, Alin.

    Try two things :
    Select mail account name in folder pane , goto File > Compact folders
    Do same for other mail accounts.

    if still getting same problem :
    *completely* close TB
    goto TB profile folder ("http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Thunderbird")