can't display emails? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on can't display emails? - Mozilla ; Hello. I have a strange problem with about 5% of my emails - no text is displayed! This is with the message pane and separate window. Here is a snapshot of the message source (ctrl-u) http://enter.net/~mpk2/bad_email.png I tried every normal ...

  1. can't display emails?

    Hello.
    I have a strange problem with about 5% of my emails - no text is
    displayed! This is with the message pane and separate window.

    Here is a snapshot of the message source (ctrl-u)
    http://enter.net/~mpk2/bad_email.png

    I tried every normal character encoding - no joy.

    I haven't seen a pattern yet (not enough have this problem).

    How do I correct this?

  2. Re: can't display emails?

    Michael Klinosky wrote:
    > Hello. I have a strange problem with about 5% of my emails - no text
    > is displayed! This is with the message pane and separate window.
    >
    > Here is a snapshot of the message source (ctrl-u)
    > http://enter.net/~mpk2/bad_email.png
    >
    > I tried every normal character encoding - no joy.
    >
    > I haven't seen a pattern yet (not enough have this problem).
    >
    > How do I correct this?

    select Local folder in folder pane , goto File>Compact folders
    if problem still persist :
    if still getting same problem :
    *completely* close TB
    goto TB profile folder ("http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Thunderbird")
    open 'Mail' folder , open 'Local Folders'
    delete all .msf files
    Start TB , select Local folder in folder pane , goto File>Compact folders

+ Reply to Thread