BCC my kids email to my email address without him being able to see it - Mozilla

This is a discussion on BCC my kids email to my email address without him being able to see it - Mozilla ; I have selected the option "BCC to these addresses" in the Account Settings dialog box because I want my kid's emails to be sent to me when he composes. Is it possible to keep this option on but not have ...

  1. BCC my kids email to my email address without him being able to see it

    I have selected the option "BCC to these addresses" in the Account
    Settings dialog box because I want my kid's emails to be sent to me
    when he composes. Is it possible to keep this option on but not have
    the BCC field shown in the message compose window? Can I have the BCC
    added after I click "Send" so the composer (my kid) can't see it?

  2. Re: BCC my kids email to my email address without him being able tosee it

    On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 12:37:33 -0800, Adam wrote:

    > I have selected the option "BCC to these addresses" in the Account
    > Settings dialog box because I want my kid's emails to be sent to me
    > when he composes. Is it possible to keep this option on but not have
    > the BCC field shown in the message compose window? Can I have the BCC
    > added after I click "Send" so the composer (my kid) can't see it?

    Is he using the same computer? If so, in the same options box you can
    choose to have a copy placed in one of your folders in your profile. Just
    browse to the proper profile and choose a folder.

    --
    Frank Tabor
    Perl is designed to give you several ways to do anything, so

  3. Re: BCC my kids email to my email address without him being able to see it

    In message <15idnQEnePIRGy_YnZ2dnUVZ_sfinZ2d@mozilla.org> Frank Tabor
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 12:37:33 -0800, Adam wrote:
    >
    >> I have selected the option "BCC to these addresses" in the Account
    >> Settings dialog box because I want my kid's emails to be sent to me
    >> when he composes. Is it possible to keep this option on but not have
    >> the BCC field shown in the message compose window? Can I have the BCC
    >> added after I click "Send" so the composer (my kid) can't see it?

    >Is he using the same computer? If so, in the same options box you can
    >choose to have a copy placed in one of your folders in your profile. Just
    >browse to the proper profile and choose a folder.

    And hope he doesn't look at the TB configuration options at all...

    --
    Tonight on eye on Springfield: Just miles from your doorstep, hundreds
    of men are given weapons and trained to kill. The government calls it

  4. Re: BCC my kids email to my email address without him being able to see it

    Thanks for the replies. That kind of answered my question. Can't I
    edit one of the .js file and take the function that loads my user
    preferences when the compose message window opens and call it when the
    message is being sent instead of when the window opens?

    DevilsPGD wrote:
    > In message <15idnQEnePIRGy_YnZ2dnUVZ_sfinZ2d@mozilla.org> Frank Tabor
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 12:37:33 -0800, Adam wrote:
    > >
    > >> I have selected the option "BCC to these addresses" in the Account
    > >> Settings dialog box because I want my kid's emails to be sent to me
    > >> when he composes. Is it possible to keep this option on but not have
    > >> the BCC field shown in the message compose window? Can I have the BCC
    > >> added after I click "Send" so the composer (my kid) can't see it?

    > >Is he using the same computer? If so, in the same options box you can
    > >choose to have a copy placed in one of your folders in your profile. Just
    > >browse to the proper profile and choose a folder.

    > And hope he doesn't look at the TB configuration options at all...
    >
    > --
    > Tonight on eye on Springfield: Just miles from your doorstep, hundreds
    > of men are given weapons and trained to kill. The government calls it
    > /The Army/ but a more alarmist name would be "The Kill-Bot Factory"

  5. Re: BCC my kids email to my email address without him being ableto see it

    Adam wrote:
    > I have selected the option "BCC to these addresses" in the Account
    > Settings dialog box because I want my kid's emails to be sent to me
    > when he composes. Is it possible to keep this option on but not have
    > the BCC field shown in the message compose window? Can I have the BCC
    > added after I click "Send" so the composer (my kid) can't see it?

    You have a real problem. Rather than showing you children how little
    you trust them, why not create a relationship where this is not
    necessary? Create a home environment where your children feel they can
    confide in you and be open about what they are doing.

    It worked with my children, who are now moral, ethical adults with good
    characters. Both of them are successful in their lives and in their
    careers. Most important, they still love their mother and me and share
    their lives with us.

    --

    David E. Ross

    Concerned about someone (e.g., Pres. Bush) snooping
    into your E-mail? Use PGP.
    See my

  6. Re: BCC my kids email to my email address without him being able to see it

    I'm sorry, was I asking for parenting advice?

    David E. Ross wrote:
    > Adam wrote:
    > > I have selected the option "BCC to these addresses" in the Account
    > > Settings dialog box because I want my kid's emails to be sent to me
    > > when he composes. Is it possible to keep this option on but not have
    > > the BCC field shown in the message compose window? Can I have the BCC
    > > added after I click "Send" so the composer (my kid) can't see it?
    > >

    > You have a real problem. Rather than showing you children how little
    > you trust them, why not create a relationship where this is not
    > necessary? Create a home environment where your children feel they can
    > confide in you and be open about what they are doing.
    >
    > It worked with my children, who are now moral, ethical adults with good
    > characters. Both of them are successful in their lives and in their
    > careers. Most important, they still love their mother and me and share
    > their lives with us.
    >
    > --
    >
    > David E. Ross
    >

    > Concerned about someone (e.g., Pres. Bush) snooping
    > into your E-mail? Use PGP.
    > See my

  7. Re: BCC my kids email to my email address without him being able to see it

    "Adam" wrote in
    news:1169342962.000723.287500@38g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com:

    > I'm sorry, was I asking for parenting advice?

    Apparently, you may need to.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

  8. Re: BCC my kids email to my email address without him being ableto see it

    On 2007-01-20 19:44 (-0700 UTC), Christopher Jahn wrote:

    > "Adam" wrote in
    > news:1169342962.000723.287500@38g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com:
    >
    >> I'm sorry, was I asking for parenting advice?

    > Apparently, you may need to.

    He may have legitimate reasons for wanting to do what he wants to do, but in
    that case, why not just install a keystroke logger and have done with?

    /b.

    --
    People are stupid. /A/ person may be smart, but /people/ are stupid.
    --Stephen M. Graham

  9. Re: BCC my kids email to my email address without him being ableto see it

    Brian Heinrich wrote:
    > On 2007-01-20 19:44 (-0700 UTC), Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >
    >> "Adam" wrote in
    >> news:1169342962.000723.287500@38g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com:
    >>
    >>> I'm sorry, was I asking for parenting advice?

    >> Apparently, you may need to.

    > He may have legitimate reasons for wanting to do what he wants to do,
    > but in that case, why not just install a keystroke logger and have done
    > with?

    Another way is to set a CC to himself, and then you open a mail account
    with his settings on your computer.

    And please bottom post in this group, as Brian and I have done.

    --
    john mcwilliams

+ Reply to Thread