Still cannot open attachments with T'bird - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Still cannot open attachments with T'bird - Mozilla ; Just noticed I cannot open .HTM attachments with T'bird, either. The only choice I get is to SAVE the .HTM files. ?...

  1. Still cannot open attachments with T'bird

    Just noticed I cannot open .HTM attachments with T'bird, either. The
    only choice I get is to SAVE the .HTM files.

    ?

  2. Re: Still cannot open attachments with T'bird

    Tbird Leader Harry Krause radioed the tower, On 1/18/2007 3:16 PM:

    > Just noticed I cannot open .HTM attachments with T'bird, either. The
    > only choice I get is to SAVE the .HTM files.
    >
    > ?

    Normally Tbird displays HTML attachments Inline in the message pane.
    Check your View settings for both Display Message As and Display
    Attachments Inline.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting

  3. Re: Still cannot open attachments with T'bird

    Harry Krause wrote:

    > Just noticed I cannot open .HTM attachments with T'bird, either. The
    > only choice I get is to SAVE the .HTM files.
    >
    > ?

    if you goto Tools>Options>Attachment>View & Edit actions , is there any
    ..html file type listed? if listed then delete that entry. Restart TB
    another thing you can test :
    completely close TB
    goto TB profile folder
    ['http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Thunderbird']
    rename 'mimeTypes.rdf' to 'mimeTypes.rdf.1'
    start TB.

  4. Re: Still cannot open attachments with T'bird

    On 1/18/2007 9:54 PM, Ron K. wrote:
    > Tbird Leader Harry Krause radioed the tower, On 1/18/2007 3:16 PM:
    >> Just noticed I cannot open .HTM attachments with T'bird, either. The
    >> only choice I get is to SAVE the .HTM files.
    >>
    >> ?

    > Normally Tbird displays HTML attachments Inline in the message pane.
    > Check your View settings for both Display Message As and Display
    > Attachments Inline.

    Both fine.

  5. Re: Still cannot open attachments with T'bird

    On 1/19/2007 4:28 AM, Nir wrote:
    > Harry Krause wrote:
    >> Just noticed I cannot open .HTM attachments with T'bird, either. The
    >> only choice I get is to SAVE the .HTM files.
    >>
    >> ?

    > if you goto Tools>Options>Attachment>View & Edit actions , is there any
    > .html file type listed? if listed then delete that entry. Restart TB
    > another thing you can test :
    > completely close TB
    > goto TB profile folder
    > ['http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Thunderbird']
    > rename 'mimeTypes.rdf' to 'mimeTypes.rdf.1'
    > start TB.

    No .html file type is listed, and I can't add one.

  6. Re: Still cannot open attachments with T'bird

    On 1/19/2007 2:12 PM, Harry Krause wrote:
    > On 1/19/2007 4:28 AM, Nir wrote:
    >> Harry Krause wrote:
    >>> Just noticed I cannot open .HTM attachments with T'bird, either. The
    >>> only choice I get is to SAVE the .HTM files.
    >>>
    >>> ?

    >> if you goto Tools>Options>Attachment>View & Edit actions , is there any
    >> .html file type listed? if listed then delete that entry. Restart TB
    >> another thing you can test :
    >> completely close TB
    >> goto TB profile folder
    >> ['http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Thunderbird']
    >> rename 'mimeTypes.rdf' to 'mimeTypes.rdf.1'
    >> start TB.

    > No .html file type is listed, and I can't add one.

    Made the "rdf" change, made no difference. All that happens when I try
    to open an .htm file is that a box pops up asking me if I want to save
    that file.

  7. Re: Still cannot open attachments with T'bird

    Harry Krause wrote:
    > On 1/19/2007 2:12 PM, Harry Krause wrote:

    >>> if you goto Tools>Options>Attachment>View & Edit actions , is
    >>> there any .html file type listed? if listed then delete that
    >>> entry. Restart TB another thing you can test : completely close
    >>> TB goto TB profile folder
    >>> ['http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Thunderbird'] rename
    >>> 'mimeTypes.rdf' to 'mimeTypes.rdf.1' start TB.

    >> No .html file type is listed, and I can't add one.

    > Made the "rdf" change, made no difference. All that happens when I
    > try to open an .htm file is that a box pops up asking me if I want to
    > save that file.

    and TB was completely closed ( including thunderbird.exe process ) when
    you renamed 'mimeTypes.rdf' , right?

  8. Re: Still cannot open attachments with T'bird

    On 1/19/2007 2:56 PM, Nir wrote:
    > Harry Krause wrote:

    >>> No .html file type is listed, and I can't add one.

    >> Made the "rdf" change, made no difference. All that happens when I
    >> try to open an .htm file is that a box pops up asking me if I want to
    >> save that file.

    > and TB was completely closed ( including thunderbird.exe process ) when
    > you renamed 'mimeTypes.rdf' , right?

    Yup

  9. Re: Still cannot open attachments with T'bird

    Harry Krause wrote:
    > On 1/19/2007 2:56 PM, Nir wrote:
    >> Harry Krause wrote:

    >>> Made the "rdf" change, made no difference. All that happens when
    >>> I try to open an .htm file is that a box pops up asking me if I
    >>> want to save that file.

    >> and TB was completely closed ( including thunderbird.exe process )
    >> when you renamed 'mimeTypes.rdf' , right?

    > Yup

    Harry , whatever Browser you use , make it default for .htm file type .

+ Reply to Thread