Storing all messages/preferences on a NAS drive - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Storing all messages/preferences on a NAS drive - Mozilla ; So, lets say that I want all my prefs/messages on: //nas/tbird AND...you need a name/password to access it. How do I do this and set up all my computers to point there. John...

  1. Storing all messages/preferences on a NAS drive

    So, lets say that I want all my prefs/messages on:
    //nas/tbird

    AND...you need a name/password to access it. How do I do this and set
    up all my computers to point there.

    John

  2. Re: Storing all messages/preferences on a NAS drive

    hi
    Are you using Windwos XP?
    If you are, this could be a work around (I think)
    If you map your NAS drive, and press the one that says something like
    log on using a different username. Check the one saying restore
    connection at logon (Or something like that, it's my translation, not
    using a English version og XP. This should take care od the
    name/password access.
    Then, in Tbird, in account you set the local directory pointing to the
    mapped drive.
    I'm not sure of how this works if several different clinets acces the
    folders at the same time. Let me know if you test it.
    /Morten

    ImaChessNut@gmail.com wrote:
    > So, lets say that I want all my prefs/messages on:
    > //nas/tbird
    >
    > AND...you need a name/password to access it. How do I do this and set
    > up all my computers to point there.
    >
    > John

  3. Re: Storing all messages/preferences on a NAS drive

    _ImaChessNut@gmail.com_ spoke thusly on 17/01/2007 1:04 PM:
    > So, lets say that I want all my prefs/messages on:
    > //nas/tbird
    >
    > AND...you need a name/password to access it. How do I do this and set
    > up all my computers to point there.

    I don't know how the authentication aspect would factor in, but you
    could put your profile on the NAS drive.
    See .
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator