Sharing of a Thunderbird email account - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Sharing of a Thunderbird email account - Mozilla ; Hi there, I need to give up to 10 users access to teh same email account at any one time. Can you please advise if Thunderbird is able to meet this requirement? Many thanks, Keith...

  1. Sharing of a Thunderbird email account

    Hi there,
    I need to give up to 10 users access to teh same email account at any one
    time. Can you please advise if Thunderbird is able to meet this requirement?

    Many thanks,
    Keith

  2. Re: Sharing of a Thunderbird email account

    Keith Jones wrote:
    > Hi there,
    > I need to give up to 10 users access to teh same email account at any one
    > time. Can you please advise if Thunderbird is able to meet this requirement?
    >
    > Many thanks,
    > Keith

    Unless corrected, this is not a 'Thunderbird' question. It is a mail server question. Will your mail server allow
    multiple concurrent email account logins? If yes, then yes.

    Zak Hipp

  3. Re: Sharing of a Thunderbird email account

    Keith Jones wrote:
    > Hi there, I need to give up to 10 users access to teh same email
    > account at any one time. Can you please advise if Thunderbird is able
    > to meet this requirement?
    >
    > Many thanks, Keith

    Do you want concurrent access to that account by more than one users (
    like shared through network )or
    you want to create a common account for 10 different user account in
    same computer?

  4. Re: Sharing of a Thunderbird email account

    On 2007-01-17 08:55 (-0700 UTC), Keith Jones wrote:

    > Hi there,
    > I need to give up to 10 users access to teh same email account at any one
    > time. Can you please advise if Thunderbird is able to meet this requirement?

    If the server supports it (/e.g./, uses maildir, IIRC), there would seem to
    be no reason why Tb wouldn't.

    I did do it several years ago three users and a single IMAP account, and it
    was a right PITA, and I can imagine how much fun it could be with up to 10
    users, but I suppose labels/tags could help mitigate some of those issues. . . .

    /b.

    --
    People are stupid. /A/ person may be smart, but /people/ are stupid.
    --Stephen M. Graham

  5. Re: Sharing of a Thunderbird email account

    On 17.01.2007 13:09, Brian Heinrich wrote:

    > On 2007-01-17 08:55 (-0700 UTC), Keith Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Hi there,
    >> I need to give up to 10 users access to teh same email account at any one
    >> time. Can you please advise if Thunderbird is able to meet this requirement?

    > If the server supports it (/e.g./, uses maildir, IIRC), there would seem to
    > be no reason why Tb wouldn't.
    >
    > I did do it several years ago three users and a single IMAP account, and it
    > was a right PITA, and I can imagine how much fun it could be with up to 10
    > users, but I suppose labels/tags could help mitigate some of those issues. . . .
    >
    > /b.

    I can't imagine even ONE more user much less 10 sharing an "account".
    Just think of the mess if one or two change view settings or other
    user-customizable stuff ...

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  6. Re: Sharing of a Thunderbird email account

    _Keith Jones_ spoke thusly on 17/01/2007 10:55 AM:
    > Hi there,
    > I need to give up to 10 users access to teh same email account at any one
    > time. Can you please advise if Thunderbird is able to meet this requirement?

    Your best option is probably an IMAP account.

    You could also create the account for each user, then set everyone to
    use the same local directory, in
    Tools-->Account_Settings-->accountname-->Server_Settings.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator