filling addressbook from email - Mozilla

This is a discussion on filling addressbook from email - Mozilla ; On 20.01.2007 15:34 schrieb »marc b« > I imported email from Outlook 2003 into Thunderbird 1.5.0.9. Now I want the > email adresses of the imported emails also in Thunderbird's addressbook - > without selecting each email, clicking the sender's ...

  1. Re: filling addressbook from email

    On 20.01.2007 15:34 schrieb »marc b«
    > I imported email from Outlook 2003 into Thunderbird 1.5.0.9. Now I want the
    > email adresses of the imported emails also in Thunderbird's addressbook -
    > without selecting each email, clicking the sender's email address and select
    > "copy to addressbook". Btw I don't have those addresses in the Outlook 2003
    > addresbook.
    >
    > How can I do that in Thunderbird?

    Not a know elegant solution, but here a way you can go :
    All the mail of a TB-folder are stored into one file, eg. Trash, Input,
    send, etc.
    That is just a "text" file with all mails stored to that TB-folder.
    You could "read" that file and extract all lines containing
    "From:" "To:" "CC:" etc
    You are getting an file with all email addresses. This should to be
    imported to TB.
    --maybe not the best methode, but it should work!

  2. filling addressbook from email

    I imported email from Outlook 2003 into Thunderbird 1.5.0.9. Now I want the
    email adresses of the imported emails also in Thunderbird's addressbook -
    without selecting each email, clicking the sender's email address and select
    "copy to addressbook". Btw I don't have those addresses in the Outlook 2003
    addresbook.

    How can I do that in Thunderbird?

+ Reply to Thread