won't download all message headers - Mozilla

This is a discussion on won't download all message headers - Mozilla ; my thunderbird installation will not download messages headers from certain email addresses. this would not be a problem except it ignores my work and most other email addresses I care about, does pretty well with the spam however. the only ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: won't download all message headers

  1. won't download all message headers

    my thunderbird installation will not download messages headers from
    certain email addresses. this would not be a problem except it ignores
    my work and most other email addresses I care about, does pretty well
    with the spam however. the only way I can get those email are to sign
    into my email account via IE and download the messages. does anyone
    have an Idea what is happening.


  2. Re: won't download all message headers

    On 7 Jan 2007 16:23:20 -0800, in message <1168215800.051941.172930@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups. com>,
    keholmes@lvcm.com wrote:

    > my thunderbird installation will not download messages headers from
    > certain email addresses. this would not be a problem except it ignores
    > my work and most other email addresses I care about, does pretty well
    > with the spam however. the only way I can get those email are to sign
    > into my email account via IE and download the messages. does anyone
    > have an Idea what is happening.



    Some inbound mail servers do not support downloading message headers.
    In the POP3 protocol, this is only optional (not mandatory) for POP3 mail servers.
    In such cases, the only way to get the message headers is to download
    the entire email message.




    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph






  3. Re: won't download all message headers


    Ralph Fox wrote:
    > On 7 Jan 2007 16:23:20 -0800, in message <1168215800.051941.172930@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups. com>,
    > keholmes@lvcm.com wrote:
    >
    > Some inbound mail servers do not support downloading message headers.
    > In the POP3 protocol, this is only optional (not mandatory) for POP3 mail servers.
    > In such cases, the only way to get the message headers is to download
    > the entire email message.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Ralph


    thanks for the response ralph.
    I have a question from your response however. is not my mail stored on
    my ISPs mail server? shouldn't that mean that they should all "act"
    the same?


  4. Re: won't download all message headers

    On 15 Jan 2007 14:50:38 -0800, in message <1168901438.600423.10480@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.co m>,
    keholmes wrote:

    >
    > Ralph Fox wrote:
    > > On 7 Jan 2007 16:23:20 -0800, in message <1168215800.051941.172930@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups. com>,
    > > keholmes@lvcm.com wrote:
    > >
    > > Some inbound mail servers do not support downloading message headers.
    > > In the POP3 protocol, this is only optional (not mandatory) for POP3 mail servers.
    > > In such cases, the only way to get the message headers is to download
    > > the entire email message.
    > >

    >
    > thanks for the response ralph.
    > I have a question from your response however. is not my mail stored on
    > my ISPs mail server? shouldn't that mean that they should all "act"
    > the same?



    If all your mail boxes were on the same POP3 server, then I would
    expect them all to act the same.



    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph






  5. Re: won't download all message headers

    > If all your mail boxes were on the same POP3 server, then I would
    > expect them all to act the same.
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Ralph



    that's the part I don't understand. mail messages from different users
    to the same account were handled differently. although I changed to
    download the entire message and it appears to have fixed the problem,
    thanks. although I'm not all that happy with downloading the entire
    message I guess that will have to do.


+ Reply to Thread