certtificates - Mozilla

This is a discussion on certtificates - Mozilla ; when I try to download my mail I get a security warning about a domain mismatch. I click ok and things proceed. However I get this every time. When looking at tools> security the certificate is on the OK list ...

  1. certtificates

    when I try to download my mail I get a security warning about
    a domain mismatch. I click ok and things proceed. However I get
    this every time. When looking at tools> security the certificate
    is on the OK list there. How can I keep the warning from
    appearing? Is this a bug?

  2. Re: certtificates

    Leo Tick wrote:
    > when I try to download my mail I get a security warning about a
    > domain mismatch. I click ok and things proceed. However I get this
    > every time. When looking at tools> security the certificate is on the
    > OK list there. How can I keep the warning from appearing? Is this a
    > bug?

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Security_E...ficate_Expired

  3. Re: certtificates

    Leo Tick wrote on 30/12/2006 20:59 +0100:
    > when I try to download my mail I get a security warning about
    > a domain mismatch. I click ok and things proceed. However I get
    > this every time. When looking at tools> security the certificate
    > is on the OK list there. How can I keep the warning from
    > appearing? Is this a bug?

    Try the Remember Mismatched Domains extension.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2131/

    --
    Tony

    "...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
    wildly inaccurate..."
    Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

  4. Re: certtificates

    Leo Tick wrote:
    > when I try to download my mail I get a security warning about
    > a domain mismatch. I click ok and things proceed. However I get
    > this every time. When looking at tools> security the certificate
    > is on the OK list there. How can I keep the warning from
    > appearing? Is this a bug?

    My thanks for the pointers about the extension BUT either it is not
    installed or it does not work in my case. Though the download
    page talks about both FF and TB the page is headed as FF add-in and the
    message after the install says all will be peachy when FF is restarted.

    The error message arises with mail retrieval. Is this another world? Do
    I need to make some adjustment somewhere?

  5. Re: certtificates

    Leo Tick wrote:
    > Leo Tick wrote:
    >> when I try to download my mail I get a security warning about a
    >> domain mismatch. I click ok and things proceed. However I get this
    >> every time. When looking at tools> security the certificate is on
    >> the OK list there. How can I keep the warning from appearing? Is
    >> this a bug?

    > My thanks for the pointers about the extension BUT either it is not
    > installed or it does not work in my case. Though the download page
    > talks about both FF and TB the page is headed as FF add-in and the
    > message after the install says all will be peachy when FF is
    > restarted.
    >
    > The error message arises with mail retrieval. Is this another world?
    > Do I need to make some adjustment somewhere?

    don't click on the 'Install Now' button ( it will install that extension
    on FF ), just right click on 'Install Now' button , select 'Save Link as' .
    Now in TB , goto Tools>Options>Extensions>Install . select that
    downloaded .xpi package to install. after installing , restart TB and check

  6. Re: certtificates

    Nir wrote:
    > Leo Tick wrote:
    >> Leo Tick wrote:
    >>> when I try to download my mail I get a security warning about a
    >>> domain mismatch. I click ok and things proceed. However I get this
    >>> every time. When looking at tools> security the certificate is on the
    >>> OK list there. How can I keep the warning from appearing? Is this a bug?

    >> My thanks for the pointers about the extension BUT either it is not
    >> installed or it does not work in my case. Though the download page
    >> talks about both FF and TB the page is headed as FF add-in and the
    >> message after the install says all will be peachy when FF is restarted.
    >>
    >> The error message arises with mail retrieval. Is this another world?
    >> Do I need to make some adjustment somewhere?

    > don't click on the 'Install Now' button ( it will install that extension
    > on FF ), just right click on 'Install Now' button , select 'Save Link as' .
    > Now in TB , goto Tools>Options>Extensions>Install . select that
    > downloaded .xpi package to install. after installing , restart TB and check

    Thanks much. Do forgive me for being picky picky but no "options"
    it's tools>extensions>install. Life is a bit simpler now! Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread