Junk Mail Controls stopped working, mostly - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Junk Mail Controls stopped working, mostly - Mozilla ; On 2007-01-09 18:42 (-0700 UTC), Penthor-Mul wrote: > I decided to grab the BJT to look at my training file (yep, I like to > tinker). When I unpacked the jar I saw no way to run the program. I ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 101 to 106 of 106

  1. Re: Junk Mail Controls stopped working, mostly

    On 2007-01-09 18:42 (-0700 UTC), Penthor-Mul wrote:

    > I decided to grab the BJT to look at my training file (yep, I like to
    > tinker). When I unpacked the jar I saw no way to run the program. I
    > tried the CL instruction that Brian gave \java -jar
    > bayesjunktool-0.2.1.jar\ but no luck. Now, I'm not a complete computer
    > neophyte having built several boxes and used a number of OSs. But I
    > have not a clue on this. Can y'all take time from your debate to give
    > this poor sole a clue?

    I was using the command line under Linux; under Windows, double click on the
    JAR and it should launch; if not, you might have to download the CLASS file
    as well.

    /b.

    --
    'There is caution, and there is irrational paranoia.' -- Ron Hunter

    'And, yes, I AM a bit paranoid. After 25 years online, one gets that way,
    if one survives.' -- Ron Hunter

  2. Re: Junk Mail Controls stopped working, mostly

    Brian Heinrich wrote:
    > On 2007-01-09 18:42 (-0700 UTC), Penthor-Mul wrote:
    >

    >> I decided to grab the BJT to look at my training file (yep, I like to
    >> tinker). When I unpacked the jar I saw no way to run the program. I
    >> tried the CL instruction that Brian gave \java -jar
    >> bayesjunktool-0.2.1.jar\ but no luck. Now, I'm not a complete
    >> computer neophyte having built several boxes and used a number of
    >> OSs. But I have not a clue on this. Can y'all take time from your
    >> debate to give this poor sole a clue?

    > I was using the command line under Linux; under Windows, double click on
    > the JAR and it should launch; if not, you might have to download the
    > CLASS file as well.
    >
    > /b.

    Double-clicking the jar gets, "Could not find the main class. Program
    will exit." Does it need to be in any particular location?

    Where do I find the Class file. I do not see at
    http://bayesjunktool.mozdev.org/installation.html.

    Penthor

  3. Re: Junk Mail Controls stopped working, mostly

    Penthor-Mul wrote:
    > Brian Heinrich wrote:
    >> On 2007-01-09 18:42 (-0700 UTC), Penthor-Mul wrote:
    >>

    >>> I decided to grab the BJT to look at my training file (yep, I like to
    >>> tinker). When I unpacked the jar I saw no way to run the program. I
    >>> tried the CL instruction that Brian gave \java -jar
    >>> bayesjunktool-0.2.1.jar\ but no luck. Now, I'm not a complete
    >>> computer neophyte having built several boxes and used a number of
    >>> OSs. But I have not a clue on this. Can y'all take time from your
    >>> debate to give this poor sole a clue?

    >> I was using the command line under Linux; under Windows, double click
    >> on the JAR and it should launch; if not, you might have to download
    >> the CLASS file as well.
    >>
    >> /b.
    >>

    > Double-clicking the jar gets, "Could not find the main class. Program
    > will exit." Does it need to be in any particular location?
    >
    > Where do I find the Class file. I do not see at
    > http://bayesjunktool.mozdev.org/installation.html.
    >
    > Penthor

    Well, I guess you meant Java Class. I need to read more closely.

  4. Re: Junk Mail Controls stopped working, mostly

    Penthor-Mul wrote:
    > Penthor-Mul wrote:
    >> Brian Heinrich wrote:

    >>> I was using the command line under Linux; under Windows, double click
    >>> on the JAR and it should launch; if not, you might have to download
    >>> the CLASS file as well.
    >>>
    >>> /b.
    >>>

    >> Double-clicking the jar gets, "Could not find the main class. Program
    >> will exit." Does it need to be in any particular location?
    >>
    >> Where do I find the Class file. I do not see at
    >> http://bayesjunktool.mozdev.org/installation.html.
    >>
    >> Penthor

    > Well, I guess you meant Java Class. I need to read more closely.

    No luck. I guess I'm more of a neophyte than I thought.

    As the joke goes, "I missed a big buck today; but at least I got laid."

    And my JMC are working better.

    Penthor

  5. Re: Junk Mail Controls stopped working, mostly

    Penthor-Mul wrote:
    > Penthor-Mul wrote:
    >> Penthor-Mul wrote:

    >>> Double-clicking the jar gets, "Could not find the main class.
    >>> Program will exit." Does it need to be in any particular location?
    >>>
    >>> Where do I find the Class file. I do not see at
    >>> http://bayesjunktool.mozdev.org/installation.html.
    >>>
    >>> Penthor

    >> Well, I guess you meant Java Class. I need to read more closely.

    > No luck. I guess I'm more of a neophyte than I thought.
    >
    > As the joke goes, "I missed a big buck today; but at least I got laid."
    >
    > And my JMC are working better.
    >
    > Penthor

    Brian, hope you are still watching. I finally got the BJT working. I
    had to upgrade my Java. And I've begun trimming my tokens using the
    default of 5 and 20, just as you use. My training.dat immediately went
    from 615kb to 44kb. I guess I'll see how this works. Thanks for
    putting me onto BJT. I may not have to go back to K-9 after all

    Penthor

  6. Re: Junk Mail Controls stopped working, mostly

    On 2007-01-20 22:17 (-0700 UTC), Penthor-Mul wrote:

    > Brian, hope you are still watching. I finally got the BJT working. I
    > had to upgrade my Java. And I've begun trimming my tokens using the
    > default of 5 and 20, just as you use. My training.dat immediately went
    > from 615kb to 44kb. I guess I'll see how this works. Thanks for
    > putting me onto BJT. I may not have to go back to K-9 after all

    Coo. Glad to hear you've got it working; hope it works out for you. :-)

    BTW, I selected the values of 5 and 20 based on what I was seeing in my own
    training.dat. The reason the first threshold is so low is that I don't mark
    that many e-mail as being Not Junk; you may need to adjust your values based
    on what you're experiencing. . . .

    /b.

    --
    People are stupid. /A/ person may be smart, but /people/ are stupid.
    --Stephen M. Graham

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6