TB doesn't show all attachments in a single binary news message - Mozilla

This is a discussion on TB doesn't show all attachments in a single binary news message - Mozilla ; TB 1.5.0.9 When I open a binary news message that has multiple attachments (jpg etc.), not all of the attachments show up. Those attachments that do not show have a small box with a red diamond. If I go to ...

  1. TB doesn't show all attachments in a single binary news message

    TB 1.5.0.9
    When I open a binary news message that has multiple attachments (jpg
    etc.), not all of the attachments show up. Those attachments that do not
    show have a small box with a red diamond. If I go to another message and
    then back, one or more of the broken link attachments may show up.
    It is a not a news server issue, since I have two news servers, my ISP
    news server (hvc.rr.com) and Supernews.
    Opening the same message in either server produces the same result. Not
    all attachments show. Perhaps 2 of 4, or 3 of 5, etc.
    Using Outlook Express 6 with either news server show all attachments in
    the message.

  2. Re: TB doesn't show all attachments in a single binary news message

    willshak wrote:
    > TB 1.5.0.9
    > When I open a binary news message that has multiple attachments (jpg
    > etc.), not all of the attachments show up. Those attachments that do not
    > show have a small box with a red diamond. If I go to another message and
    > then back, one or more of the broken link attachments may show up.
    > It is a not a news server issue, since I have two news servers, my ISP
    > news server (hvc.rr.com) and Supernews.
    > Opening the same message in either server produces the same result. Not
    > all attachments show. Perhaps 2 of 4, or 3 of 5, etc.
    > Using Outlook Express 6 with either news server show all attachments in
    > the message.

    goto Tools>Options>Advanced>General>Config Editor
    type 'mail.imap.chunk_size' in filter
    right click on it , select 'modify' , set it to a higher value .
    ( note here size is in byte )
    Restart TB and check

  3. Re: TB doesn't show all attachments in a single binary news message

    Nir wrote:
    > willshak wrote:
    >> TB 1.5.0.9
    >> When I open a binary news message that has multiple attachments (jpg
    >> etc.), not all of the attachments show up. Those attachments that do
    >> not show have a small box with a red diamond. If I go to another
    >> message and then back, one or more of the broken link attachments may
    >> show up.
    >> It is a not a news server issue, since I have two news servers, my
    >> ISP news server (hvc.rr.com) and Supernews.
    >> Opening the same message in either server produces the same result.
    >> Not all attachments show. Perhaps 2 of 4, or 3 of 5, etc.
    >> Using Outlook Express 6 with either news server show all attachments
    >> in the message.
    >>

    > goto Tools>Options>Advanced>General>Config Editor
    > type 'mail.imap.chunk_size' in filter
    > right click on it , select 'modify' , set it to a higher value .
    > ( note here size is in byte )
    > Restart TB and check

    Nope, that did not work. It was set at 10240, and I increased it to 20480.
    I closed TB and then restarted Windows. The same message still did not
    show all the attachments.
    The message I tested it on was only 249 KB, which seems much smaller
    than the default chunk size.

+ Reply to Thread