xpat not supported? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on xpat not supported? - Mozilla ; Got this mssg while trying to do search on this group. Anybody with clue what is it?? Thanks...

  1. xpat not supported?

    Got this mssg while trying to do search on this group. Anybody with clue
    what is it?? Thanks

  2. Re: xpat not supported?

    Peter wrote:
    > Got this mssg while trying to do search on this group. Anybody with clue
    > what is it?? Thanks

    See my reply to Irv in this thread.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  3. Re: xpat not supported?

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Peter wrote:
    >> Got this mssg while trying to do search on this group. Anybody with
    >> clue what is it?? Thanks

    > See my reply to Irv in this thread.
    >
    > Lee

    Pardon, that should be see my reply to Kenn.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  4. Re: xpat not supported?

    Peter wrote:
    > Got this mssg while trying to do search on this group. Anybody with clue
    > what is it?? Thanks

    Sigh.
    For about the 31st time:

    XPAT IS NOT SUPPORTED ON THIS SERVER!

    Please understand! XPAT is a very processor/HD intensive function on
    the part of the server and in order to serve as many users as possible
    with the best response time, the function is NOT SUPPORTED ON THIS SERVER.
    Most general access servers don't support XPAT. It requires that the
    server spend a lot of resources in cpu time, HD access, and memory to
    support the searching through messages for ONE user. This simply is not
    feasible within constraints of time, resources, and cost.

    If you wish to search within a newsgroup, download all the headers and
    then go offline (File/offline/work offline), and then do the search. TB
    will search the headers you have downloaded for the search argument.

    I WISH that the developers would change the default to searching within
    the downloaded headers (bodies), rather than trying to use XPAT, which
    so many public servers don't support any more.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  5. Re: xpat not supported?

    On 12/5/2006 3:02 PM, Peter wrote:
    > Got this mssg while trying to do search on this group. Anybody with clue
    > what is it?? Thanks

    Go to Google Groups Thunderbird at

    http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...=10&hl=en&sa=N

    Enter XPAT in the search bar and hit enter.

    --
    Irwin

    Requests for help sent to my email address will be ignored

    Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
    Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

+ Reply to Thread