RSS feed assigned to Toolbar in FF 1.5.x - Mozilla

This is a discussion on RSS feed assigned to Toolbar in FF 1.5.x - Mozilla ; OK, driving me up a tree... I'm using FF 2.0 and when I see the RSS feed button in the address bar I click on it and it presents some TOOLBARS for me to put it on. Fine, working as ...

  1. RSS feed assigned to Toolbar in FF 1.5.x

    OK, driving me up a tree...

    I'm using FF 2.0 and when I see the RSS feed button in the address bar I
    click on it and it presents some TOOLBARS for me to put it on. Fine,
    working as I suspect it should.

    My wife has FF 1.5.x and she can't do the same?

    First, I have a 'personal toolbar' and she doesn't? I added the RSS feed
    to my Personal Toolbar which shows anyway. She opened VIEW->TOOLBARS and
    she had none? So she created one using CUSTOM and then enabled it. Fine.
    However she doesn't get that as a choice to save the RSS feed on? All
    she has available is BOOKMARKS, BOOKMARKS FOLDER, and all the FOLDERS
    under BOOKMARK. Of course her Bookmarks are too big a collection to put
    on a single line in a Toolbar. When enabled she'll only see the first 10
    or so.

    So, the question is how to create a TOOLBAR that will SHOW in the dialog
    box for saving the RSS feed? Know how to create one and have it show,
    but not how to be available for saving the RSS feed to?

    Is this possibly a bug in FF 1.5.x?

    Thanks in Advance,

    Irv Spalten

  2. Re: RSS feed assigned to Toolbar in FF 1.5.x (IGNORE)

    Sorry, please ignore, wrong NG.

    Irv
    > OK, driving me up a tree...
    >
    > I'm using FF 2.0 and when I see the RSS feed button in the address bar I
    > click on it and it presents some TOOLBARS for me to put it on. Fine,
    > working as I suspect it should.
    >
    > My wife has FF 1.5.x and she can't do the same?
    >
    > First, I have a 'personal toolbar' and she doesn't? I added the RSS feed
    > to my Personal Toolbar which shows anyway. She opened VIEW->TOOLBARS and
    > she had none? So she created one using CUSTOM and then enabled it. Fine.
    > However she doesn't get that as a choice to save the RSS feed on? All
    > she has available is BOOKMARKS, BOOKMARKS FOLDER, and all the FOLDERS
    > under BOOKMARK. Of course her Bookmarks are too big a collection to put
    > on a single line in a Toolbar. When enabled she'll only see the first 10
    > or so.
    >
    > So, the question is how to create a TOOLBAR that will SHOW in the dialog
    > box for saving the RSS feed? Know how to create one and have it show,
    > but not how to be available for saving the RSS feed to?
    >
    > Is this possibly a bug in FF 1.5.x?
    >
    > Thanks in Advance,
    >
    > Irv Spalten

+ Reply to Thread